Thread: Installing Debian as same as Android in Nokia N900 ?

Installing Debian as same as Android in Nokia N900 ?

My smart phone is Nokia N900 , I was just referring to the thread that mentions about the dual booting the N900 , but it does not mention about the Debian .I have been attempting to a dual boot running and I am unable to do so . Suppose if my phone is dual booting and I have Maemo and Android installed in it, but my question is that can I install Debian along with the Maemo operating system , please tell me I am asking as they are both Linux operating sytems ?

Re: Installing Debian as same as Android in Nokia N900 ?

Well..Maemo is works in the basis on Debian. so Easy Debian actually is just adding some alterations to be able to run customized Debian applications. I am not quite sure about the Android though. Well but I am not pretty sure about how Maemo will work then , if it was dyual booting with the Android phone successfully then I do not think that you will face any sort of issue with the Debian operating system.

Well I do not think there is a possibility , I do think you will face some sort of issues , I had asked about the it to one of my college but he refused it t do so. He says Android does not make use of X11 or any normal Linux libraries. It would call for a far more wide-ranging amount of work. I just can't look to get any of these dual boot's working. But in my choice Easy Deb was a great idea .

It makes use of the Java language, but the output of not only the compiler , but also of the interpreter itself are not well-matched with the regular Java runtimes. You would be needing to port Dalvik its.The source is totally obtainable, but it is much more hardwork than you think. Android makes a huge number of suppositions with regards to how the filesystem is laid out, so chrooting will would only be the initial step.