Thread: Unable to unlock locked folders in windows 7

Unable to unlock locked folders in windows 7

I am having windows 7 installed on my system and the thing is that from last few days I am getting an error regarding the folders, I mean to say that some of mine folders are having lock on their Icon. Now the thing is that I am not able to open such folders. So please suggest me a proper way that will help me to open the folders which are locked. Have this thing happened with anyone else if yes then please let me know.

Re: Unable to unlock locked folders in windows 7

I have gone through the problem and seems to me that I can help you to solve this issue And to solve the same you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
    • Right click on the file and select properties
    • Then a Property window will open
    • In that just select Tab "General"
    • Click on "unlock file"
    • OK Apply and OK buttons

If you will ask me then I will suggest you to install an unlocker on your system that will help you unlock the files and folders. And if this is the case then unlocker 1.9 is the best software for you. Unlocker will help you determine what process or application prevents you from deleting a file or files, a scenario frequently encountered. Sometimes it is simply an application using the file in question (in the case of a Word or Photoshop , for example), but it can also be a less obvious to detect. Unlocker offers an interface in the tradition of Who Lock Me, but more features. Considerable detail to start with: it resides in the system tray and launches automatically when you display the error message (it is also possible to open it from the context menu) you can kill the process but also "unlock" the file without closing the application when possible. Unlocker does not otherwise limit the deletion of a file in use since it can also move or renameA command-line mode is available in addition to the GUI.

I was also facing a similar problem few days back and got a issue where I was not able to unlock a file and I guess you are also going though the same phase now what you have to here is that just install the Lockhunter software in the system. LockHunter allows you to unlock the files or folders locked by an unknown process. For each file, the application displays the program is causing the blockage and lets you choose the way forward: release, delete the folder / file, close the process or removing the hard drive. The software is available with one click from contextual menu of Windows Explorer.

Well in this case I will suggest you to go with unlocker. Unlocker helps determine the process that locks a file. This application helps unlock the file so delete it normally. The operation can be done without rebooting if possible. Access to software is done from context menu of Windows Explorer and therefore requires only a few clicks. I am sure that if you will go with this one then it will definitely help you to solve the issue that you are facing.