Thread: Windows 7 Search unable to find my hidden file

Windows 7 Search unable to find my hidden file

I’m using windows 7 operating system in my pc. Before this I’ve used windows xp, windows vista also. I don’t able to find my file in windows 7 search option. I know the file is there in the computer but my windows 7 search does’nt show that file. The search option at the start button is not giving proper result, where is the actual search option in windows 7. Please provide me the steps to get the real search option, I’ve very important file in that. Please help me.

Re: Windows 7 Search unable to find my hidden file

In windows 7 operating system search engine is not so good, you will not find search option easily whereas in windows xp we can easily find the search option and can view our file. Windows vista also have same problem. The search option you see on the start button is not the real search option for a file you have to go in Organize -> Folder and search options -> view your file. You can type your file name with extension and can get your file.

In windows 7 operating system you can search a word or a phrase in a file in search box. If you want to search any word in a folder like “spam ” then it may contain in any file extension .txt, or .doc. you’ll find your word if it is present in the folder file. If you want to search a particular word in a file then also it can find it very easily. You can search your file by going in Organize -> Folder and search options. You can view all your file by just entering a name of file with extension.

The search option in windows 7 and windows vista are different from xp. You can easily search and find your file in xp and it is good. In windows 7 the search option is not so good as xp. First of all you’ll not find the actual search option easily. Normally in xp you can find search on the start button, but in windows 7, you have to go in Organize -> Folder and search options and then type your file name which you want to search. Try this hope it work for you.

You’ve said you had used windows xp, then you can automatically guess which search engine is good, windows 7 or windows xp ?. it’s obviously windows xp. Windows 7 has very stupid search option, you can’t find the actual search option easily in windows 7. If you have to search any of your file in windows 7 then you have to go in Organize -> Folder and search options. And type your search keyword. You can also take help of windows help center.