Thread: How to install Ubuntu 10.10 through USB stick

How to install Ubuntu 10.10 through USB stick

I have a problem in getting Ubuntu on USB stick. When I use this by Unpacking iso & then open the USB Creator, I select the iso and the USB stick & is displayed. Only when I start it. Now my question is how I get Ubuntu to NEN USB stick. So regarding this if you guys have any suggestion then please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: How to install Ubuntu 10.10 through USB stick

You have to create an extra USB flash drive, you are not able to just copy CD file system on the USB drive and share because that does not work. Google is very helpful in such cases as there are various possibilities for this are, depending on what you want to use the USB stick and with what OS you were created. So regarding this you can check this I am sure that this will help you.

I should also like to know if you could play it directly on the USB stick to use it not only as a Live USB stick. This whole Linux USB Stick Creator make me so in the end, only instead of a Live CD a Live USB stick, I would not. Thank you very much for your help. So related to this if you have any information then please help me. And also the solution which you have given over here I have tried that and it is not that much helpful for me.

I am also going through this and in this I already installed it twice with the same steps as you, but when I log on linux, I still like the disc is still loading at high speed, as when turning the machine and is loading the bios, I have also installed Windows 7, and he did not feel the same, it can be, everything is given before updating drivers and so on, which I installed so it throw error. Appreciate the response, thank you very much.

I have a question on this version will fix the problem with Nvidia's proprietary drivers? Right now I have 10.4 and I carry myself like 4 times the OS trying to install a graphics driver gt my 325m, I did it in many ways I found on the net and I had always black screen and could not enter so console or in recovery mode so chooses to let the driver brings ubuntu, if you know how to solve this problem or whether this version already fix that let me know. Thank you very much.

A 4GB flash drive is recommended. Install UNetbootin in Windows or Linux systems. Then after installing, choose your distribution and continue.

Ubuntu 11.04 is avialable now in Ubuntu web site.
    1) download Ubuntu 11.04 iso from Ubuntu web site.
    2) You need Neo or Ulead CD/DVD burning software. Burn iso image to CD ( or DVD)
    3) Then insert formatted usb thumb drive (4 Gb) and insert the Ubuntu 11.04 CD. Browse the CD and you will see usb-creator.exe . Then create the bootable usb installer in your usb drive.
    4) Put your usb in the computer you want to install Ubuntu.
    5) Then Boot the computer and go to boot priority and then start to boot from usb. Hit F 10 to save and quit . Your computer will start in usb mode. Then install Ubuntu 11.04 to your computer.

I install like this in my netbook.