Thread: How to add shortcuts to the Windows 7 start menu?

How to add shortcuts to the Windows 7 start menu?

For several reasons, it is not possible on the way to insert any new shortcuts to the start menu within Windows 7 Home Premium. I for all time get a message which states that 'Windows cannot create a shortcut here. Do you desire the shortcut to be positioned on the desktop as an alternative?' I attempted to choose 'Show hidden files, folders, as well as drives' inside the Folders and search options/ View but this does not help. Can anyone tell me how do you manually insert a shortcut to the start menu?

Re: How to add shortcuts to the Windows 7 start menu?

Right click on the taskbar, click Properties. On top of this window, click the tab "Start Menu" after that the tab "Customize". Verify the items you desire to add. In the bottom right of the window, you be able to choose the number of shortcuts that will be visible on the start menu. Hope this will help you to set the shortcut and if you need any other assistance please let me know.

Shortcut in the left pane of start menu: Start menu / All Programs, right click on the icon of your program as well as select "Pin to Start Menu". The shortcut will come into view on top of the menu. If you need to move a shortcut from the desktop to the taskbar, Then Right click on a shortcut and select "Pin to the taskbar. If you need to create shortcut to a program on the desktop, then go to Start menu / All Programs, right click on your program, click on "Send To" as well as after that Desktop (create shortcut). For example, Notepad, Calculator, located in All Programs / Accessories.

Hello may be a little late however it will be useful to others. An alternative solution on the way to create a shortcut from My Computer or else no 'matter what folder in the taskbar: Make a right click within the taskbar and after that choose Toolbars as well as after that click New Toolbar. In Windows Explorer, select "Computer" or else a folder (for example My Documents) after that valid by clicking on the tab "Select a folder." A shortcut will appear to the right of the taskbar. Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.