Thread: Ubuntu vs Linux mint 10

Ubuntu vs Linux mint 10

I'm considering just the next re-install my OS even try the new Linux Mint. Thought I had it to the latest version of Linux Mint 10th and the advantage is that many things such as multimedia codecs and other software tools are already installed. Among other things, it also looks appealing from (themes, icons). Finally, the distribution is based on the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution; it can be accessed on the repositories of Ubuntu. Do you have any experiences with the difference between the ubuntu and the linux mint 10 OS? Who can tell me how good or bad these promises?

Re: Ubuntu vs Linux mint 10

Now I have install Linux Mint 10 64-bit and concluded I must say I'm happy. When I compare these OS I mean ubuntu and linux 10 so I find that it is faster. And somehow I like the green color over the brown theme of Ubuntu. But the things you can organize on Ubuntu using gnome-look. Linux OS is simply brilliant, and I've been using it for several years. So this is my personal experience with this.

In principle I see no great difference between Mint and Ubuntu, Which is probably also because of the fact that Mint is the largest part of Ubuntu, and was based mainly on design. That's why I'm back to the original. So from my part as much I know regarding this I have just explain it over here and I hope that this will help you in order to get solution for this kind of confusion.

So I think the Mint is already one of the best End-user distributions for Linux I still use the version 9 with XFCE as a desktop but will surely soon to version 10, the switch give at least some benefits such as better hardware support, and offers new software. For me, definitely the better operating system for beginners. It is interesting to me also the version of LinuxMint I still like my operating system adapting the way I would, however, tend to recommend for experienced users.

In my experience, Mint 10 on older computers has a worse performance than Xubuntu. 10.04 And is noted also that the support of 10 Mint is officially until 2012. The best experience I have (also based on performance) with Linux Mint Fluxbox made 9. The ramped up my 1.2 GHz CPU and my 256mb of RAM memory in about 10 seconds. In addition, I obtain for 9 Mint until support.