Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ubuntu installation invisible

Operating Systems

Old 17-01-2011

Ubuntu installation invisible

Hi, I recently tried to install on my 2 year old PC Ubuntu 10.10 and because of my mistakes I have not deleted the Windows 7 Partition and I have Ubuntu installed to an end. Now the problem then as it was written white black ERROR. I left the computer simply booting but in this noting came more. I've tested several times each time the same result which blocks the installation? Why not start? The Pc left back to Windows 7.

Old 17-01-2011

Re: Ubuntu installation invisible

After reading this I mean your issue here to give you proper solution related to this issue I need some information. So that I can work on this issue a more enhanced way and try to give you proper solution. So in this you just Attempt to install Ubuntu again and write down what symptoms occur for error. And please give me your reply as soon as it is possible for you.
Old 17-01-2011

Actually these are some minimum requirements to run ubuntu. So just check this.
  • CPU: Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon 600 MHz or higher
  • RAM: 384 MB to run the LiveCD or 256 MB to run the installer one or more
  • Hard Drive 3 GB or more
  • Card Holder Network and Internet Connection: For installing Language Packs
  • Graphics Card: Minimum of 2 MB or 32 MB Video With 3D acceleration to run this
  • Optional: Sound Card Holder
Old 17-01-2011

First thing is that you download the installation CD of Ubuntu , the Desktop CD. The downloaded file will be an ISO image that record on a disk to precede with the installation. All disc-burning programs can do this ( Burn ISO image ). It is necessary to boot your computer from the CD , restart your computer to do with the burned disc into the drive. At startup, a screen appears that gives us the option to select our language. Once you have done us the welcome screen. Selected on this screen the first option if you want to run the Ubuntu environment running from the CD-Rom or if we want to make clear that the disk installation select the second option. So after that just follow the instruction. I think at the installation time you have did some mistake. So just follow this may be this will fix your issue.
Old 25-01-2011

You should take care of these things at the time of installation. If you choose the first option, after a few minutes, depending on your computer, the Ubuntu graphical desktop will be loaded in RAM and will appear on your screen. You can browse the menus and test applications for a small sample of what Ubuntu can do without even having anything installed. Please note that once installed it is much faster than when run virtually. To start the installation you must double-click the mouse on the icon you see in the image on the right (see Figure 2). If the previous step we choose the second option to the installation directory.
Old 25-01-2011

Most of the problems to install Ubuntu from it does not properly or not be able to use a particular part of the basic components of computer, such as graphics card, not starting the virtual graphical environment correctly, and Therefore, not starting the installation, giving a series of errors. If you can not start before installing Ubuntu staying in the start menu, may not properly recognize the graphics card. To check, try the graphics mode and start.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,