Thread: "Windows explorer stopped working" error message after launch any application in windows 7

"Windows explorer stopped working" error message after launch any application in windows 7

“Windows explorer is stopped working”, this error message occurring in every time whenever I tried to open any software application or any other windows application program. After this, it restart again by itself, and the machine comes into the normal mode. This problem is occurring from last two weeks in my Toshiba laptop. I am not technical knowledge person, so I have no idea on this issue, I hope some from here will definitely help m to overcome from this problem..

Re: "Windows explorer stopped working" error message after launch any application in windows 7

Yes I having a solution for this problem, I was also facing similar issue in my Compaq Presario laptop, which is running in windows vista platform. In my laptop also whenever I tried to open any high definition software application program, this error message comes. For that I simply go for windows repair option, because this occurs for missing some of the windows file from the machine those are collaborating with those software application programs. So I also suggest you to go or this process, it will also help you to overcome from the problem. For that insert eth windows installation disk into CD ROM drive, and from application installation window, choose windows repair option, this will take few time to complete the process. Wait till it completes, after that reboot your machine and try to open the application programs those are creates problem in earlier.

Re: "Windows explorer stopped working" error message after launch any application in windows 7

Though this is with some software application, so might be anyone of them creating this problem. For that I recommend you to open eth program and features under control panel, and from the drop down list, locate the software application program, which is installed, but unknown to you. Because some of the software application, those are comes with trusted application program, and installed without any such information to the user. So you need o locate them and remove them from your machine. One of my friends was also facing similar issue, and after consult with the online technical support team, he got this trick. He simply applied this, and the problem solved. Now there is no problem in his machine regarding windows version.

According to me the problem might be occurring for the windows registry editor, because I was also facing windows explorer stopping problem and I found that the cause of the problem was the registry editor, and by remove the desire registry key, which is corrupted or disabled from editor, this problem can be solved. For this, type and insert regetid into the search panel under start menu, and press on ENTER. For windows 7 platform, locate the following registry key into registry key application window HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions. In the right panel search for “MachineThrottling”, this is the sub key, remove that one. Now reboot your machine and I hope by this change your problem will also be solved.

I recommend you update the windows platform version, that you are using, some of the files or the registry files if missing from your machine, then this problem can be occurred. So I hope by up to date the windows version, files can be reload into your machine. If this problem still occurs in your machine, then I recommend you to go through one process, this one may be help you to overcome from eth problem. Type and insert “gpedit.msc” into search commend line panel. It will open Computer Configuration, windows, from there locate System, under Administrative Templates, and the proceed to Internet Communication, and click on settings or configuration option. Look for Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, if this running then make it turn off by right click or by choose the edit option by double click on it. Close the setting window, reboot your machine and try to open the software application program.

Hi,
    I've had the same problem with the windows explorer and my solution was to uninstall the drivers and install them again.It seems there is some problem with the drivers for laptops under windows 7 home premium 64-bit.