Thread: How do I search files containing “a word or phrase in the file” in windows 7

How do I search files containing “a word or phrase in the file” in windows 7

I’ve a dell laptop and I’m using windows 7 operating system in my laptop. Before windows 7 I’m using windows xp operating system. I want to search a word or phrase in the file, in windows 7 operating system. I’ve never use windows 7 operating system before this and I don’t know much about the uses of windows 7 operating system. please tell me how to search file containing a word or phrase in the file. I’ve never use windows 7 before this, so please guide me about windows 7. Please give me some easy tips to resolve my issues. Please help me.

Re: How do I search files containing “a word or phrase in the file” in windows 7

In windows 7 operating system you can search a word or a phrase in a file in search box. If you want to search any word in a folder like “spam ” then it may contain in any file extension .txt, or .doc. you’ll find your word if it is present in the folder file. If you want to search a particular word in a file then also it can find it very easily. You just have to enter a word in a search box of windows 7 and search box will find that word or phrase which you have mention in the search box. Same way you can find the file in a folder. You have to mention the file name in the search box, if you remember the extension then type that extension you’ll find it.

Re: How do I search files containing “a word or phrase in the file” in windows 7

For searching any word or phrase in the file or folder you can directly go to a start button of your computer and type search on the search box. Then selec t ”change how windows searches”. And then hit advanced. Select the tab of “file tab”. You must make sure first the content or name of the file you want to search in the search box should have file extension contain in a list. After selecting file tab you have to select ok button and close all the dialog box. If you still don’t understand how to search then you can take help of the support center which is present on windows.

You can search a word or phrase of a file in windows 7. You have to click on the start button of the window then type the search in search box, Then selec t ”change how windows searches”. And then hit advanced. Select the tab of “file tab”. It will search content of a file in the indexed location. That means you have to mention the content of a file in indexed location and in non indexed location mention the only the file name so the windows will give you a proper search result. The search result in windows xp and windows 7 are slightly different. You can easily search on windows 7.

In windows 7 search a content or a file is slightly different from windows xp. In windows xp you can search directly by going in start button and typing the content , word or a phrase which we want to search whereas in windows 7 it is slightly different we have to go in start button and type search in search box, Then selec t ”change how windows searches”. And then hit advanced. Select the tab of “file tab”. From this steps you can search any phrase, word of a file. You can also take help of a ” windows help” or support center for more information on this.