Thread: can i change a folder icon in Windows 7, if there is no customize tab ?

can i change a folder icon in Windows 7, if there is no customize tab ?

I’ve hp pavilion laptop, I’m using windows 7 operating system in my computer. Before windows 7 I’m using windows vista. Now I’ve changed my operating system because windows 7 is the latest operating system in the market, so I’ve formatted the vista and installed a windows 7. While copying a folder I’ve decided to set an image to my folder. When I right click on a folder and select the properties, there is no customize tab in the properties. I wanted to set an image as an icon of a folder. When I’m using windows vista, I can easily manage to set a image as a folder icon, but in windows 7 I’m not able to find the customize tab in the properties. Now, I don’t know what to do. Please suggest me some tips to resolve this problem.

Re: can i change a folder icon in Windows 7, if there is no customize tab ?

Windows 7 and windows vista are different in use. Some uses of windows 7 and vista are different from each other. In windows you can easily set an image to a folder by just clicking right and selecting properties and you can see the customize tab their from which you can easily set an icon to your folder, but in windows 7, there is some changes in setting a image to a folder. You have to follow some steps to set an image to a folder. Follow the below given steps and apply to your system: click on a folder which you want to set an image--right click to the folder--click file—open folder location—right click properties—you’ll see the customize tab their . hope you’ll get help from this.

If you want to set an image to your folder then forget about vista, windows 7 and vista are different in use. The setting of both the operating system for appearing a image as an folder icon are different. If you want to set an image to your folder icon then follow the instruction : right click on the folder which you want to set an image icon—then click to file—open folder location—right click the properties—and you’ll see the customize tab their. Now, You can set any image as a folder icon to your folder. There are many other uses in windows 7 which is different from vista. Vista is not much popular as xp and hence most of the user using windows 7 or windows xp. You can use any windows o.s all are good.

It is very easy to set an image as a folder icon, you just need to right click on your folder , click file, open a folder location, right click the properties, and there is customize tab is available, you can select any of the image to set as an folder icon. The windows 7 and windows vista both are of Microsoft operating system, but they both are different in use. there are many applications which uses differently in both the operating system. There are some applications and games which are not compatible with vista and therefore vista has not gain much popularity in the market. Windows 7 is the latest operating system available in windows, it is quite good in use.

You can easily set an image to a folder as an icon to your folder. You just have to do few steps and you’re done. For setting an image follow the instruction: right click on the folder which you want to set an image icon—then click to file—open folder location—right click the properties—and you’ll see the customize tab. You can now change and set any image as an icon to your folder. In windows vista there is a difference in setting. In vista you just have to click right on the folder and go in properties and you can see the customize tab. You can make changes to the appearance of your folder. You can set any of the image, photo to your folder as a icon.

I think you are going in wrong direction. You have to go infolder location to set an image to your folder as an icon. In vista the setting for folder icon is different and in windows 7 there is a different setting for setting an image to a folder. If you want to set an image as an icon then you have to follow some steps to do that: right click on the folder which you want to set an image icon—then click to file—open folder location—right click the properties—and you’ll see the customize tab. From customize tab you can set any image which you want to appear as an icon to your folder. The setting is different in both the operating system. if you still have any doubt then you can ask online about this problem.