Thread: I cannot unset read only attribute on folders and documents in windows 7

I cannot unset read only attribute on folders and documents in windows 7

Hey I have recently brought a new computer. Folders that were copied from older PC are reason behind my issue now; however I observe other folders are read only as well as be supposed to be reset. I have attempted the attribute -r command, as well as it does not effort also. After I attempt to perform the reset, it says I require admin privilege, however I have it previously. so please suggest me something.

Re: I cannot unset read only attribute on folders and documents in windows 7

You have to Right press the programs executable after that press Properties and then “Compatibility” tab after that in “Compatibility Mode” you have to make sure the Run this application in compatibility mode for after that you have to press in the list box plus select a appropriate edition of Windows. You have to perform this answer at least once may you get closer to your answer.

Definite applications might come across issues with the new User Account Control security component in Windows 7 for the reason that the application was intended to run with Administrative rights. As it is still providing you the error regarding requiring administrative privilege, you be able to attempt an effort around by right pressing the applications executable as well as press “Run as Administrator” going on the context menu.

You suggest right pressing the applications executable as well as press “Run as Administrator” on the context menu that is the entire well as well as good however the merely application running is windows 7. I have the similar difficulty it is that I would like software to be capable to edit files on my hard drives that were produced in windows xp, now Windows 7 remain them read only is driving me round the bend.

I will advise you the easy steps as just to confirm that it be supposed to permit you take out the" Read only” for necessary application. Attempt starting up your PC in safe mode via clicking F8 on the startup screen. After that you have to attempt to alter it to not read-only as well as start your PC again in normal mode. Tell me if this workings as well as if it does not I will attempt to think of somewhat else.