Thread: windows 7: windows security message "these files can't be opened"

windows 7: windows security message "these files can't be opened"

Recently upgrade my Compaq Presario laptop, from windows vista to windows 7 OS. And just few days back I was tried to recover my software application files, like the sound driver, graphics driver and some of other required software application, these are just for upgrade the existing one into latest version. But while I tried to run the installation process, the windows security wizard directs me a error message that, Windows security - these files can't be opened - your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened". And this massage comes with every installation process program. I am quite disappointed on this problem. Not having so much deep knowledge about this type of problems. So I am here. Is there anyone having any solution for this problem?

Re: windows 7: windows security message "these files can't be opened"

I think there might be any issue with the operating system, for that I would like to suggest you reload the operating system in your machine. For that insert the installation disk in to the drive, now press f8 for enter into the installation window, from there click on install now button, by following some of the instructions, install the operating system, I hope by this you will be able to overcome from the problem. Along with that if you download those installation program by using any download manager, then first of all check in to task manager, if you found that the download manager instance is running, then stop it, now try to run the installation program. because in some of the cases I found that for ruining the instance of any downloaded file, may prevent to install this program into your machine. So go through this.

I was also facing similar issue in my machine wit the browser, by which I was download software application file and the operating system that I am using, some of the downloaded file are collaborate with the operating system. And for this software can not be able to install into my machine. After that I simply disable the group network service and along with that also stop the local internet service from properties of inter option in my machine control panel. So I also like to suggest you to go through this process, I think this will also might be help you, if there is any kind of similar issue happened.

There may be any one of the two process will surely help you, one of them, go to the properties option of the application program, by which you are getting this error message, by right click on it. Now from there enter into advanced option. And from there look for whether the blocked option is checked or not. Uncheck this option, now try to run the installation process. If still the problem occurring then I think you should go for the reset your browser application program. Because some of the cases, i found for the browser application program, running those in background of the machine with the downloaded file information, this type of problems may occur. Go through this, so to reset the browser, click tool menu bar option and from the list click on reset onion or from the settings>advanced>reset, i hope any one of them will help you to resolve the issue