Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to add search filters in windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 17-01-2011

How to add search filters in windows 7

At what time I am trying on the way to search I click inside the search field within my file explorer window. I make out "Add a search filter" as well as a pair choice below which are "Date Modified" and "Size" which I can choose. I just want to know that how do I add more "clickable" search filters? I be able to just choose those two filters. I am making use of windows 7 operating system.

Old 17-01-2011

Re: How to add search filters in windows 7

As per my experience, in the explorer search window, you be able to click on those choices you talk about similar to ?Date Modified? or else ?Size? to provide you a record of yet more advanced options. Such as, if you are inside your music folder: click Genre inside the catalog of filters Without clearing the Search box, as well as after that click Jazz from the record of dynamic value. It will add Genre to the accessible Length filter, permitting you to process your search additional. Please let me know if you require further help!
Old 17-01-2011

To recognize your problem better, please allow us be familiar with the choices which you be able to presently view as well as the choices which are presently grayed out inside the search filter. I know that Windows 7's add a Search Filter choices emerge inside a drop-down menu box instantly under the Search text box within a Windows Explorer window. The genuine search filters you will observe listed differ depending on the kind of drive, folder, or else file which is presently chosen in the windows Explorer window.
Old 17-01-2011

On my windows 7 home premium 64 bit system the Add a Search Filter menu item is grayed out. Plus Date Modified as well as Size are my just choices. I desire windows XP like ability to search a folder for each and every one text files by means of a particular file addition which include a particular string. How do I perform that? Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,