Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-01-2011

When searching in Windows 7 I get a list of group headers for items but not the items

I am working on windows 7 operating system based laptop .I have one problem when I press on Start as well as enter text in the Search programs plus files text area, then the search merely returns group headers for the items however not the items themselves. So please tell me some solution so that I can get the item instead of group header of item can somebody assist me to solve this?
Old 17-01-2011

Re: When searching in Windows 7 I get a list of group headers for items but not the items

You have to delete the whole key for that you have to first of have to press on start. After that In the Search programs and files box, you have to type regedit. Then In the Programs list, you have to press regedit.exe. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or verification, then you have to provide the password or press Continue. Then you have to browse to as well as press to choose the following registry subkey:
Quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderTypes\{ef87b4cb-f2ce-4785-8658-4ca6c63e38c6}
After that in the left side of the window you have to right-press GroupBy as well as after that press Modify. Then you have to alter the value to System.StartMenu.Group as well as press OK, after that close the registry editor.
Old 17-01-2011

Re: When searching in Windows 7 I get a list of group headers for items but not the items

Confirm that the search box is place to Search Programs and Control Panel. After that you have to go to Taskbar as well as Start Menu Properties by pressing the Start key, and then pressing Control Panel, after that press Appearance and Personalization, as well as after that press Taskbar and Start Menu. Then you have to press the Start Menu tab, plus after that press Customize. Then press the advanced tab in addition to confirm the box beside Search Programs and Control Panel is checkered
Old 17-01-2011

From my opinion you have to insert the accurate value to the GroupBy value for that you have to press Start after that In the Search programs and files box, you have to type regedit. And then In the Programs list, you have to press regedit.exe. Then Browse to as well as press following registry subkey:
Quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderTypes\{ef87b4cb-f2ce-4785-8658-4ca6c63e38c6}\TopViews\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
After that in the left side of the window you have to right-press GroupBy as well as after that press Modify. Then you have to alter the value to System.StartMenu.Group as well as press OK, after that close the registry editor. You will require rebooting your PC for this alters to take consequence.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,