Thread: After trying to set location of My Documents folder, currently My Documents folder is missing

After trying to set location of My Documents folder, currently My Documents folder is missing

I have recently reinstalled my windows 7 Operating System. I required to move My Documents, to D partition.However at what time I attempted to move My Documents folder to the D partition, I did not rename the folder. Just I left D:\ and at this moment I cannot discover My Documents folder. At what time I play a game, it does not save it inside My Documents / [game name].Just in my D partition, as well as a folder named [game name]. Can anyone tell me how can I move reverse the folder My Documents, to C drive?Help please.Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Re: After trying to set location of My Documents folder, currently My Documents folder is missing

I will recommend you to attempt the following steps.
    1. You need to make a new folder as well as assign suitable folder permissions if required.
    2. Now go to Start menu and Right click on My Documents and select properties in the context menu.
    3. After that click on the Target tab or else Location tab.
    4. Inside the target box type the path to the folder place which you desire My Documents to be, as well as after that click OK button.

Re: After trying to set location of My Documents folder, currently My Documents folder is missing

I have done the similar changes as mentioned in the above post, I have made my D: drive into 'my documents'. Anyhow, you be supposed to still be able on the way to alter the position it just will not come into view as 'my documents' inside the shell: UsersFilesFolder folders record. Create a My docu folder in d: drive and shift the location to there, if that is what you desire.

Otherwise, click on Move, after that choose a new folder which you desire to move My Documents to, as well as click OK on the way to choose the folder the same as new target. After that Click OK at Documents’ Properties. If you require making a new folder, click Make New Folder shortcut and after that click OK two times. The new target folder be able to be one more place on similar hard drive, an additional drive or else another PC on your network. You have the choice whether to permit Windows shift the files presently inside the unique My Documents folder or to your new target folder.