Thread: Windows 7: Syntax for file search

Windows 7: Syntax for file search

Actually for this I am looking a lot but related to this I am not able to find anything related to this. Actually in windows 7 when I was looking for a search like when want to search .txt file but in this when I try to search so at that time I see that the syntax of file name to look appears more complex that it looks first. For example, the quote character (") and the equal sign (=) appear to have their own meaning.And I have heard that it was possible to make use of 'not' and 'and ' signs. Please, where am I able to discover the complete syntax of the search patterns? Or if you know something regarding this then help me.

Re: Windows 7: Syntax for file search

Once you have Windows Search for Windows Vista or Windows XP, you may be speculate that how you can be even extra competent when it comes to finding files and e-mail on your PC. Advanced Query Syntax (AQS) is able to help you do immediately that. By making use of AQS, you are able to quickly define and narrow your searches for even additional targeted results. You are also able to narrow your searches by making use of a variety of keywords, And on this you will ghet more idea from here.

I am not discussing about programmatically way of search.I am talking regarding the little area on top of the windows explorer where you are able to specify files to search for. Actually I have seen one of the video and in that the file type wasin the following words: water authorsave. and when I search for this so I gets all the files which name contains "water" and which authors field containing "Dave". But I do not want all these file actually what I need is the exact that file. So can you guys help me on this?

So you are saying that this Windows Search is at the present incorporated in Windows 7 for all users? This is huge!! on the other hand, there is not anything concerning it in the help files (well at least I have not been capable to discover). Simply advanced search inquiry reference I established in Help and Support was for advanced search of Media files. I have just tested this and it is wonderful!! It works! Why has not anyone mentioned something about this?

The incredible insignificance of Windows 7 file search is amazing. I am not able to believe of an enhanced example to demonstrate how out of stroke Microsoft is through computer users. Windows XP file search worked presently fine. At the present if you desire to discover a file and you do not acquainted with the exact file name or location --- you in fact have to study special search syntax! If people are departing to have to start learning things like this to do somewhat as SIMPLE AS SEARCHING FILES - there is no cause at all they should not just make use of somewhat like Linux.