Thread: Update Manager Quits Unexpectedly

Update Manager Quits Unexpectedly

While I click on the Update symbol in the System Tray, a dialog window called Update Manager emerges. In the window, numerous updates are all set to be installed. I push 'Install Updates' and the Update Manager closes right away. No updates have been executed. To provide you additional information I done the below in Terminal:
    Code:
    $ mintupdate
    Output:
    As predictable I got the similar results and the below information was returned by calling mint update.
    Code:
    /usr/lib/linuxmint/mint Update/mintUpdate.py:1462: Warning: gtk_socket_get_id: declaration `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (socket)' botched window_id = repr (socket.get_id ()) 
    date.py:1462: Warning: gtk_socket_get_id: declaration `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (socket)' botched^C
    What did I perform?
    I unlocked package manager and reinstalled the whole thing which appeared connected to mint update. Can anybody assist me please?

Re: Update Manager Quits Unexpectedly

Today I observed a novel edition to the mint update package, version 4.07 is currently on hand. If this does not fix it for you, I don’t know what to recommend. I did not discover anything hunting Google. The just things in the sites are the similar error message with considers to mint update in the 64 bit RC for Linux Mint 7. If the novel mint update does not repair it all I can think of is considering if there are updates for any of the GTK packages, since the error refers to GTK.

I am not certain of the source of the trouble. I would say it is not your repositories or software basis, since Synaptic is functioning for you. Have you reloaded Synaptic, if not do so and observe if you obtain any errors. I mean clicking the reloading the package information key or button. Have you ensured the log files? From within Update Manager- View- Information, have you sprint dmesg in terminal and seemed for any errors later than running mint Update?

Code:
    dmesg
    Or be a reactionary and contrast the output from earlier and later than running mint Update. As a minimum you are not forced into re-installing the whole Operating system since you can all the time get updates from Synaptic?

I did discover that the libglade package refers to functioning with user interfaces. I did discover an old launchpad but for "libglade-WARNING **: could not search for stock id '_Read Markings...'" for Mint 8. I was connected to Mint Update, but not an incapability to update/upgrade packages. Did you discover any errors message in dmesg? In excess of simplifying this, you do contain the packages checked for installation?

I did not learn something which applies from the dmesg output that does not mean there is not anything in the output, just that I did not distinguish it. Each one of the packages you are not capable to download is from the getdeb repository. Every of these packages are from 2 applications. All of the packages are for editions novel than what are in the default Ubuntu depositories. It appears to be a problem connecting to the Getdeb repository. I have observed this emerge as troubles (with a dissimilar error message) numerous times over the previous few months over here.