Thread: Linux Mint 10: SD card and Screen saver not working

Linux Mint 10: SD card and Screen saver not working

I have recently purchased Acer aspire one D255 netbook. Well I have installed Linux Mint 10 on my netbook using live CD. Well Linux Mint is working fine on my netbook. Now I should let you know about the problem. I am unable to read my SD card using SD card reader which is inserted in the netbook and also I am unable to get screen saver. Please let me know if you are having any solution with you.

re: Linux Mint 10: SD card and Screen saver not working

Well I don’t have any solution for the issue with SD card reader. But I can let you something about the issue of the screen saver which you can help you out from this problem. Well you should check whether you have selected activate screen saver when computer is idle which is located in to Screen saver preference Window. If you have not selected the option which I have mentioned previously the display will sleep without initializing the screen saver. So I am suggesting you that browse to Screen saver preference Window and check the status for the same. For the rest of problem i really apologizes for the same. Thanks for understanding.

Well i am having some quick check that will help you out the root cause of the problem. You can use the following steps to find out that you are having the same kind of non working SD card reader. You have to plug the card reader and enter following code on the terminal.
    Code:
    Lsusb
    You have to find cf2:6250 line in the output produced. Well cf2:6250 will let you know you that you are having correct SD card reader with you. I hope above mentioned command help you out to identify the correct SD card reader.

Well you can follow the instruction to solve the matter.
    First of all you have to install building tools. Use following command on the terminal
    Code:
    $ sudo apt install build-essential
    Now download the drivers from the official website.
    Now Change to the directory where you needed and extract the tar ball to process further.
    Code:
    $ cd <working directory path>
    $ tar zxvf <path to downloaded file>/keucr.tgz
    $ cd keucr
    Now you have to build the module and install the same.
    Code:
    make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r` M=`pwd`
    $ sudo make -C /usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r` O=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=`pwd` modules_install
    $ sudo depmod -a
    $ sudo update-initramfs -u -k `uname -r`
    Once you have finished you should insert the SD card. See whether it appears in the computer or not. Write the following code on the terminal and see whether keucr.ko module is present or not.
    Code:
    $ modprobe -l keucr
    $ ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/extra
    I hope above mentioned steps will help you out to solve the problem.

Re: Linux Mint 10: SD card and Screen saver not working

want to say thank you to all of you who have replied with me the possible reason. The step by step instruction was really helpful for the SD card reader. Also instruction provided for screen saver was helpful to me. Now I can make use of both SD card reader and Screen saver. I really want to appreciate your efforts that you have put in to solve my problem. Thanks again for helping me. Thanks a lot!