Thread: Intel driver to use compiz in Linux Mint

Intel driver to use compiz in Linux Mint

Hello everyone. I am new to Linux Mint and I have some problems for drivers for my video card. I cannot use the visual effects Daryna unfortunately. To know that I have: Intel Corporation Mobile Integrated Graphics GM965/GL960 Controller (rev 0c). If someone had the same problem and could give me a shot of legs then it will really nice. I mean to say that, is there any solution for the problem I am facing. If yes then let me know about that. Any related reply will be appreciated and I will be waiting for response from your side.

Re: Intel driver to use compiz in Linux Mint

The problem could be because your card is blacklisted in compiz (that is to say embedded in the blacklist for compiz). But first, have you installed the proprietary driver for your graphics card (cf. synaptic + deposits)? And have you checked that it was enabled in System > Administration > driver manager priority. Otherwise, First thing to check: in Terminal type the command: ~ $ Glxinfo | grep "direct rendering" The command is sent: direct rendering: Yes (if correct). 2nd thing: run the command: compiz - replace (check error messages). 3rd and last thing you do in a terminal: sudo gedit / etc / xdg / compiz / cmpiz-manager.

I totally agree with the above reply, but if that thing is not working then in your / etc / xdg / compiz / compiz-manager, you must have this: COMPIZ_BIN_PATH = "/ usr / bin /" ; PLUGIN_PATH = "/ usr / lib / compiz /"; COMPIZ_NAME = "compiz.real"; SKIP_CHECKS = yes. Backup, then restart the X server (out of your session by ex.). Try these things and let me know the outcome for this, it will help me to provide a relevant solution for the problem that you are facing. Now I am waiting for the response from your side. One more thing, if you have any other issue then let me know about that.

I got what you told me:
    A) The command: glxinfo | grep "direct rendering" referred me:
    Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual
    2) Then: for compiz – replace

Checking for Xgl: not present.
    No whitelisted driver found
    aborting and using fallback: /usr/bin/metacity
    3) Finally, in the file / etc / xdg / compiz / compiz-manager I have:

# Ubuntu specifc compiz-manager configuration file
    # Goes into / etc / xdg / compiz / compiz-manager
    # Works with svn: / / anongit.compiz-fusion.org/fusion / ... iz-manager
    COMPIZ_BIN_PATH = "/ usr / bin /"
    PLUGIN_PATH = "/ usr / lib / compiz /"
    COMPIZ_NAME = "compiz.real" # Ubuntu specifc compiz-manager configuration file
    # Goes into / etc / xdg / compiz / compiz-manager
    # Works with svn: / / anongit.compiz-fusion.org/fusion / ... iz-manager
    COMPIZ_BIN_PATH = "/ usr / bin /"
    PLUGIN_PATH = "/ usr / lib / compiz /"
    COMPIZ_NAME = "compiz.real"
    I do not understand everything but I think I miss 2 or 3 things. Anyways thanks for the suggestions that you all have given.

Did you install the proprietary driver from your graphics card Intel? And have you checked that it was enabled in System > Administration > driver manager priority? You launch the Synaptic. Then supported on research and intellectual types. Then install Intel graphics driver that you have to download from the official site of Intel. Otherwise, you will need to install the package: xserver-xgl (via synaptic). If this row with Xgl, you should use AIGLX for compiz. I am sure that this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing. I f you have any other issues then do let me know I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

I replaced the line Driver "i810" to Driver "intel" in / etc/X11/xorg.conf as shown but nothing changed, I installed the package xserver-xgl through synaptic but I still cannot display the visual effects, the same error message appears: "Desktop Effects Could Not Be Enabled". That gives the command: glxinfo | grep "direct rendering" and the command: compiz – replace. Check system / Administration / Driver Manager Owners. The command: glxinfo | grep "direct rendering". I understand too because after that Xgl is not present when I have just installed, when I checked in synaptic there is as yet installed or you have done something wrong?