Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7: Default mail client is not installed

Operating Systems

Old 16-01-2011

Windows 7: Default mail client is not installed

I have a problem with the Internet Explorer 8 There are "read emails" there is a feature in the toolbar. Unfortunately, this is no longer with me. I have Windows 7 64 bit and want to include mail. I have "set program standards" already in the section attempts to integrate Incredimail does not. Is this a problem of Internet Explorer 8 or Windows 7 or from Incredimail? Or is it possible for other not? Please help. And in the next thing is why the help feature of Internet Explorer 8 also not found it.

Old 16-01-2011

Re: Windows 7: Default mail client is not installed

When I was going through the same issue so at that time I have tried this solution which I have got from one of the forum site and it works great. And after trying this till now I am not able to get any issue. But regarding this I am not sure whether this will work in your case or not. So to fix this the solution is go to the Control Panel - Default Programs - Set your default programs - your Program. Select and then select standards for this program "button. And I am sure that this should work then.
Old 16-01-2011

I am also going through this but in my case it is little bit different. Actually I want to through the Eudora. When I have opened this so at that time I have noticed that Eudora is neither in that list and nor in the list under IE 8. Any idea how to add it? Recently I am running on to the Eudora 7.1.0.9 and IE8 up to date and Windows Vista. I actually disgust having to wait for Windows Mail to pop up, then having to CC myself to obtain a copy into my Eudora records. I have been making use of it and also I loving Eudora for many, many years, and do not want to give it up.
Old 16-01-2011

If you are uysing windows vista so regarding that I have one solution. In that the security update KB978542 from 12/1/2011, the file "msoe.dll're a new, non-working version overwrites. The "Windows Mail" back up and running ability, so the following steps must be repeated:
  • Stop "Windows Mail" in Task Manager - if it runs there
  • Ownership of "trusted installer" again assume
  • Allow Full Control for the Administrator account
  • Then replace the file "msoe.dll" with a version of Vista
Old 16-01-2011

Windows 7 comes with (apparently) not have its own mail program. Instead, one should be the new e-mail program "Windows Live Mail" reload from the Internet. If, in the Start menu in the Search Mail box you will enter to the download page for Microsoft-led. Microsoft provides this same or a number of other programs from its Live series, for example: Messenger, Photo Gallery, Toolbar, Writer, Family Safety, Silverlight and Movie Maker (Beta version). Whether you want to be bound by the use of so many programs to a provider (Microsoft), in the end everyone must decide for themselves. Even after the installation of "Windows Live Mail" will be to "encourage" is the central registry service "Windows Live ID to register.
Old 24-01-2011

So to fix this issue first you attempt going to Control Panel | Default Programs and observe if you are able to set Eudora there. And please remember that if after trying this if you get solution for your query so just update over here. And also if you get any solution which is better than this post it over here so that others also can take the advantage of this.*

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,