Thread: Difference between root session and standard user session in gimp

Difference between root session and standard user session in gimp

I am facing issues with the session and the way it is affecting my gimp software. I have realized that my session was not on the administrator. I have done the switching for user thing and also logged in as the root. I have also tried to give privileges to user and then tried to log in a user and got the solution for most of the things. But the problem is that when I am login as root I am getting all the things related gimp as it should be but if am login in with Standard user things are not that good. I do not know what is the reason behind but need to know the solution for this thing. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Difference between root session and standard user session in gimp

I am not a master for Linux or Gimp but I think that I am having solution for the problem that you are facing. I think that you have to re set the permission and you can do that by going to Menu and then Control that is ctr and then to user and group. There you will be able to modify the privileges and the permission settings for the standard user. I hope you have understood what I am trying to convey. If you have any other doubt then let me know about that I will try to resolve that as soon as possible. As I have said that I am not the master of Linux but have solution for most of the problems.

I have a login script and user login successfully, actually both to make it safe. This is at all necessary, ranging from a cookie or a session on this? Actually, last one out of two, and I would like to take a session as it is not an easy task. That depends on how secure you want to the page. A login script where user can log in various selected and then data entered in the admin section. If you can suggest any solution to this related to this issue then this will be really great for me. In short I just want to say that I will be waiting for the related replies.

I would also tend to use Sessions, but not from personal experience. I have the last days with a login and explained on most web sites on this subject will Sessions preferred. I think Gajagamini want to know what the project for which you want to program the login area. If you know the project environment, then we can give better tips, and then you know more what level of security is required. There is nothing tragic that can be created in the admin section players, edits and provides the user in the frontend then the positions of the teams. I hope you have got the solution for the problem that you are facing.

So from experience I must say that I prefer to work with sessions on login as with cookies. The method with the session you can use even if the client does not accept cookies, you have the SID transferred only with GET. MMn has one session with the variant are more likely to store data. Whether it is a very safe, be undecided, possibly mediated the session method only false security, to what extent one can influence both methods I do not know exactly. Who wants to be sure in any case, apply at a few more mechanisms. I will choose in the future in my projects, the session version! Which method you choose, you must decide for yourself!