Thread: How to setup quick launch applet in Linux Mint

How to setup quick launch applet in Linux Mint

Currently I have dual booted my system with windows 7 and Ubuntu and now I have also installed Linux Mint on my system. But I am having few doubts related to this thing. As I have mentioned in the title, that I want to know how I can setup quick launch applet in Linux Mint. I need to do that for the application that I use more frequently. I also want to know the method for displaying partition in the “Places”. Actually the thing is that I am having my music and all the other entertainment stuff in one partition and I want to access that thing from any operating system I want. If anyone can provide little help for these things then it will be really great.

Re: How to setup quick launch applet in Linux Mint

For the quick launch applet you need to right click on the panel and then click add to panel and after the menu opens you need to click to add the custom launcher. Now if you want to see the partition then for your information they are normally listed in the window manger. But one thing to notice here is that they are not named as windows or Ubuntu. I am sure that this has helped you to solve the problem that you are facing. If you have any other doubt then let me know about that I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I am not saying that I am the best related to this but I am having answers for most of the questions.

I have a small problem, I recently ruined my master disk and installed a linux mint temporarily in an emergency disk, for that I used a CD that I got off the official site. But now that I have the final disc will be the system where I got the "KDE Community Edition, an edition whose ISO measures such as 1 GiB. I went down, burnt it and put it on my PC, I get the classic start menu to start Linux mint , in VGA mode and the hard disk, it is when I give one of the top two leaves me as if it were loading the system, but in the end I get a console, no graphical interface, as shown in the other CD, and it stays there, to provide "help" me out a few commands that I can use ... and none sounds like install: S .... is that the ISO has an error, or be a issue with my machine?, or rather what I try to install with the CD from the Main Edition.

Previously I was also facing similar kind of issue but now I have got the solution for the same. If you get in console mode, try running startx, and if you get any error messages, listening to him. If not, try the Main Edition. You say this happened to me before with mandriva and pclinuxos , simply because it had problems with my graphics and you could not start the graphical environment. I hope you have understood what I am trying to convey. If you have any other doubt let me know about that. I will try to resolve that issue as soon as possible.

After several hours of tinkering, I have something that suits me perfectly but I have not failed to notice an issue with the clock applet my dashboard. Indeed, when I click on the clock which is located on the lower right (FC: Screenshot link), there is the calendar with the geographical positions which should appear near the mouse or at least close to the dashboard. - No, it's offbeat. The window is in-cut and leaves the screen, the map does not appear full and I cannot change its position. I tried to remove the applet and then return it, but the configuration does not change. Is there a way to restore his position? GConf Editor? I scoured a lot of forums but found nothing.

Go into the setup screen of "window manager Compiz, and under the" Fixed Window Placement "found under" Windows to fixed places, "then click" New ". Select the + icon and under "Type" select "Window Title". Click on the applet calendar, then the button "snatch" and then click open the calendar. The resulting value must be of type "title = Calendar" or whatever either in your language. Click "add" and under the x and y positions are those who choose to law. Finally, check "Keep working in the region" and everything should be fine.