Thread: Dual screen mirroring in Linux Mint

Dual screen mirroring in Linux Mint

Recently I have started using Linux Mint on my laptop and I want to configure the TV as my second display, to be more precise as mirror of the main screen. But there is a problem that is the resolution for both the things are different. Now I want to know the method for changing the resolution of my laptop screen, I want it to be same as on TV screen. When I was using windows 7, it was displaying the normal resolution and the same resolution can be seen on TV screen but this is not the case in Linux Mint. Is there any way to achieve this thing on Linux Mint? If anyone one provide a solution for this thing then it will be really great for me.

Re: Dual screen mirroring in Linux Mint

In fact I have two screens connected to two cards in SLI, they are recognized and work just two, however I can move my mouse from one screen to another, but nothing else ... no windows or no icon, it stays on the first screen whatever I do. However I wish I could swing Opera on my right screen etc. I will not go through because I want a Xinerama dual screen not an extended desktop. Moreover I want to know if someone is experienced, how the dual screen is being managed for the cube with Compiz etc. I would like to remove the bottom bar that appeared on my second screen (the bottom bar by default in Ubuntu) to get a blank screen but when I right click properties and uncheck that I extend to reboot it reappears. Now I want to know what is going on with my dual screen and what is the solution for this problem.

I think that I am also facing similar kind of issue. I am running KDE Mint 9 I have two screens, both known (one VGA and one DVI). My graphics card is an ATI [Radeon 9550] I went into "System Configuration / multiple monitors" but I scored: "This module is only used to configure systems with only one desktop across multiple monitors. It seems that you are not in this case." But precisely, I'd be in this case. The question is: what should I do to get my extended desktop on my two screens? I will be waiting for the related reply.

As per your problem you need to have catalyst center, if you have not installed this thing, then this is the thing you need to have in your system for the thing you want to achieve. If you have not installed ATI driver then you need to do that also. From catalyst you can manage the multi screen very easily. If you have any other issue then let me know about that. I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I am having solution for most of the problems related to dual screen in Linux Mint, because I am using that from a long time.

After trying to get the graphics card Raedon 9600 under Ubuntu running I now have tried Linux Mind and behold, it works. The second monitor, but only dual view. I want to bring Raedon 9600 Linux Mint 7 in DualView (2 monitors, extended desktop) to run. Can anyone help? As far as I understand it, there are no ATI drivers more; the Mint support is that possible with other Linux drivers? If you have got the problem that I am facing then it will be better if you can provide a relevant solution for the problem.

This is one way that you can go for ATI Catalyst Control Center, fglrx-amdcccle or Drivers for older versions fglrx-control. In Linux everything is organized in packages, that is the one you have but the tool to easily add programs, but it is better of you are concerned about the Paketerwaltung that tells you then what you still need for dependencies. The solution was simple: in the Control Center: Display - Flip screens - removes the hook! The DualView works. It will be already installed in the default installation, a free ATI driver.