Thread: Delete obsolete entries using Driver Sweeper utility

Delete obsolete entries using Driver Sweeper utility

In my desktop computer I am facing an issue of slow performance , I was using got Windows xp operating system , I then installed Windows 7 operating system , I am a frequent internet user , so there are a lot of junk files in my system , my brother had asked me to install Driver Sweeper , is it used to delete to clean up the installations being made , please elaborate if any one has any sort of idea.

Re: Delete obsolete entries using Driver Sweeper utility

If you are making use of Driver Sweeper, generated by Phyxion, to clean the NVIDIA display driver uninstall leftovers, you may have understood that there are some things still not wiped out even after Driver sweeper . After some complete investigation (actually), I recognized the files and registry entries left behind by Driver Sweeper ; these left entries that are installed by the NVIDIA display driver and are secure to remove.

What I discovered concerns Driver Sweeper editions 2.05 and 2.10 and Windows Vista and 7 64 bit editions ; these is supposed to work for 32 bit versions as well. I contacted Phyxion on these and he searched into it and they will tell you this feature will be their in the next version. I will ask you and recommend not to make use of any registry cleaning software before you install your new video drivers.

In the interim, upon his course, I formed a custom filter within Driver Sweeper for these leftovers. Custom filters function just similar to the built-in filters in Driver Sweeper such as "Nvidia Display Driver" or "Realtek Sound", etc. Before you carry on, make a note there is no assurance that you may face troubles you may face while making use of the custom filters you are sharing ; it is your liability to have a backup of your system before making use of any sort of such software.

Alright, let me tell you how to utilize the whole thing for those who are new :
    • Download the "Filters.xml" and store it exactly where your "Driver Sweeper.exe" is. You can backup the presented one, if there is.
    • It is suggested that you uninstall PhysX and 3D drivers, if they are there , before the videodrivers.
    • You can uninstall the Nvidia display drivers , you can do it either from the control panel or the device.