Thread: Homegroup wrong password

Homegroup wrong password

I have a desktop computer in which I am working on Windows 7 as well as a netbook running Windows 7 Starter. I have a Belkin N router, as well as the Desktop is attached through wire to the router. The Netbook connects through wireless. I have set up a Homegroup on the Desktop. The netbook attach completely to the Internet, however while I type in the network password, it state it is wrong as well as will not attach to the homegroup. Though, on the Desktop I am able to observe the shared files on the Netbook, although not vice versa. Any suggestions?

Re: Homegroup wrong password

Earlier than joining a homegroup, you have to confirm you have turned on network discovery on both the PCs. Network discovery is a network set that have an effect on whether your PC be able to observe other PCs as well as devices on the network as well as whether additional PCs on the network be able to observe your PC. By default, Windows Firewall blocks network discovery, however you be able to enable it.

You have to go to Advanced sharing settings through pressing the Start key, as well as after that pressing Control Panel. After that in the search box, you have to type network, after that press Network and Sharing Center, plus after that, in the navigation pane, you have to press Change advanced sharing settings. Then press the chevron to enlarge your present network profile. Then press Turn on network discovery, as well as after that you have to press save changes. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or verification, then you have to type the password or give verification.

In case, you have go through wrong password or forgotten the homegroup password, you have to go to HomeGroup through pressing the Start key, pressing Control Panel, after that typing homegroup in the search box, as well as after that pressing HomeGroup. And then press View or print the homegroup password. You may attempt combination the homegroup from the netbook once more with the recover password