Thread: Carman project over Maemo 5

Carman project over Maemo 5

I was having a query about the maemo operating systems being used over the smart phones of Nokia such as N900 , but I was asking about the 5th edition to be precise , I had gone through lots of forums and landed up in this after discovering lots of questions regarding maemo operating system Does anybody know if the Carman project will get purchased over to Maemo 5? I've been looking and seeking around, but I have not located any news one way or another.

Re: Carman project over Maemo 5

I was concerned, too! Now that I have an always-with-me NIT, it makes much more intelligence. And my ODB2 Bluetooth adapter sits at present not being used in my car so I was too a bit thought ful about this Car man as I was relly looking forward about how it will run maemo operating system , but one of my colleague suggested me that I will need to install python in it , but ai am not sure about it whether he was sure about this.

The first step for this quite simple and pretty straightforward - you will have to download package,unload, check for the reliance and repack deb. I think this would function out of the box, if it does not work as you want , you will need a not - any accomplished and expert developer can fix the issues.Issue and begin from the scratch , or what you can do is you can learn a bit of programming and fix it and then post back the reply so that it will be useful for the users as well .

if you read official site of maemo you will come to know that they stopped at v 0.7 and opensourced the whole thing. Consequently if somebody feels like running with it they can. It can even be exported to other hardware platforms that are supporting Linux.I had to make a number of alterations to the source code to get it function . Check it whether you can get control applet working and test ODB .

I have got a dissimilar adapter with me in my car reading CAN bus in my motor vehicle. I have got some diagnostic applications coded in Qt, but I'm looking for MeeGo so that I can work it on an Atom supported by motherboard. There is a lots of information hovering over the CAN bus, tons of messages per second. I have discovered accelerometer data, routing wheel position, handle positions. A bluetooth CAN reader would be a good device for the N900.