Thread: Will it be better to upgrade from Linux Mint 10 and Linux Mint 9

Will it be better to upgrade from Linux Mint 10 and Linux Mint 9

I want a choice between this two operating system. The first one is Linux Mint 10 which is quiet a new one and the old one is Linux Mint 9. I had the old one on my system and I want to upgrade the same. Now what is better added on this operating system. Usually I am using the old one and quiet satisfied with the work and performance. I hope much newer things in the new one. What you think about the same. There are other more versions that are needed to be defined. Which one gives the best for performance for working online. Basically I found only one upgrade on the same is the tons of applications support on the new open source operating system. Thanks.

Re: Will it be better to upgrade from Linux Mint 10 and Linux Mint 9

Mint is based on Ubuntu but there is difference which gives you a major app support. It is also right to say that the new system is much more stable particularly in the terms of drivers, multimedia codecs and plugins such as Java and Flash. Version 9, named Isadora, is now available. The new version offers you a better improvements in the terms of graphic and installation setup. Note the appearance of a new software manager comes with 30 to more than 1000 packages. And this applications are directly integrated on your desktop system. It is on you if you want more better support for drivers and applications then you can simply go for the new version.

I found some new updates in the 10th version which I want to share. First is the demon apt. This is a nice tool which is readily provided on the same. You get a much better visual enhancements on the system. Currently there is a new backup tool that can be used incrementally, manage compression and integrity checks. The main menu now displays a degree of transparency and provides editing of items it contains. In the system the office settings are applied immediately. Linux Mint is mostly distributed as a LiveCD that can be installed via LiveCD. This LiveCD includes more elements such as Sun Java 6, VLC, OpenOffice.org Base, F-Spot, and Samba.

Linux Isadora or you can say Linux Mint Nine is based on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, Linux 2.6.32, Gnome 2.30 and Xorg 7.4. I will not surely recommend you to go for upgrade if not needed. This has many improvements and the latest advances in the world of open source in software. It is being widely said that there are around 30 thousand app support provided on this which gives you almost everything you want. The new software manager gives you more tools for back and surfing. You can stick to this version simply.

For update you just need to apply the updates to Level 1 & 2 which will be proposed in the Manager updates. I had done updates in my system already and during my upgrade to Mint 10 I had faced a issue with mintDesktop. But you do not need worry about that, because this has been fixed. Unfortunately, this continues to affect you when you replace mintDesktop its new version. For that create an empty file in / etc / gdm / PostLogin / Default and run the update. mint4Win is included in Linux Mint 10 and I will recommend you to go for this version.

Yes you must go for the new update of Linux Mint 10. Always on application management, Linux Mint adopts a menu like Windows in its management of new software installed: they are now highlighted with a highlighting effect. Quick access to web sites is also planned at the menu, simply by typing the address. Linux Mint now supports bookmarks, and GTK themes This is the name given to a core open and everyone can participate in its development. On the other hand, the distribution Mint (using the kernel) is free and open.