Thread: Slow performance in Nokia N900 after installing Mer

Slow performance in Nokia N900 after installing Mer

Hello my friends , I have Nokia N900 , which I had purchased Nokia N900 ,since I do not how much knowledge about it , I am much of desktop computer user ,but I am looking forward to learn all the new features since I have already bought this, after installing Mer my operating system is working really slow , I would like to hear some remarks or suggestions on this subject, is there any boot menu or something that can help me to boost up the speed of the operating system .

Re: Slow performance in Nokia N900 after installing Mer

Right now Maemo 5 absolutely runs faster on N900 than Mer, but they have dissimilar functions . Mer attempts to construct a freer, more mainline approach distro than what comes from Nokia. It still drags in a few non-free bits from Nokia while, for small things as battery. It will boot non free parts in front of Nokia. It also is developed to work on older Nokia internet tablets, which is good if you posses one of those applications

I could successfully able to boot into the 0.17testing11 once, but is was not actually useable. A really good strong point is , Netbeans is running in Easy Debian! At the instant i am attempting to utilize XFCE or LXDE, but I have not located the correct Xephyr command... May be some one knows a solution? But there arises a question for there need some explanations about the rd-mode, which needs to enabled along with flasher if you want to boot with mer.

Well I do not think that there is any sort of issue with the mer your have installed in your Nokia N900, well I think there might be some issue with the SD card installed in your smart phone , I think it is loaded with and there is not much space left that why you are experiencing slow performance in your smart phone , you can do one thing , just remove your card and see if your phone works in normal speed.