Thread: Dual Boot in Nokia N900

Dual Boot in Nokia N900

Hello my friends , please beg me pardon if you find my question a bit odd, I have recently purchased Nokia N900 smart phone, it is quite obvious that it works on the Maego operating system . I just wanted to know if there are any chance s of dual booting this smart phone , if yes what you think , which operating system can be reinstalled in this Nokia N900 smart phone, please give your valuable suggestions on this subject.

Re: Dual Boot in Nokia N900

Owners of Nokia N900, formerly based on Nokia’s Maemo platform, will be capable to dual boot their phones into the MeeGo operating system with the subsequent firmware update. The Nokia N900 is rather of a testing platform for Nokia. It is the final smartphone working on Maemo 5, which is to be reinstated with MeeGo, a combined project between Nokia, Intel and the open source society Although it was launched a few months back, its hardware is commanding even by today’s principles, and it’s pleasant to see Nokia give users a technique to upgrade the phone to a brand new operating system.

MeeGo is still in near the beginning phases of development, implyingng that you can anticipate bugs and troubles, some of which can be actually be very malicious. As Nokia puts it, “If you begin playing with call software under expansion, you need to watch after your phone bill.”However, if you are bold enough to endeavor out MeeGo on the N900, the best route of action is waiting for the subsequent N900 firmware update (PR 1.3), which will permit dual booting Maemo and MeeGo on the smart phone . According to the official MeeGo blog, the PR 1.3 update is about to be launched . I think I will wait for the Meego to come out and push its developers to create application for this.

Maemo on N900 is at present hundred times superior than any iOS or Android.. only difficulty is lack of applications , just because no one is concerned to develop application for just small quantity of cellphone being sold. Social integration of N900 cannot be compared with iPhone and any Android Phone .This is exciting feature because a numerous Nokia users fans are are waiting for the new Meego Operating system . Dual booting different Operating system really sounds a great feature in this smart phones .

They are planning to facilitate dual booting of Maemo 5 and MeeGo for the forthcoming release. So that will be obtainable as third way to setup MeeGo to N900, together with the preinstalled “local” MeeGo only on N900 and chroot based MeeGo on Maemo 5 configurations. Taking the dual boot form into exercise probably includes promotion to Maemo5 kernel as well, but that must not be big concern in the procedure of enabling that.

On the Maemo’s part , there have been attractive, sustaining developments are on the way,l. The PR 1.3 update is fairly close now, and with that you will be able to with no trouble dual boot amid Maemo and Meego on your N900 smart phones . There is also a prospect of developing software that may support both operating systems, on the basis of Qt and Qt Mobility and APIs on the Maemo platform . It implies that you can build up once in computer with Qt maker, and experiment your applications on both Maemo and MeeGo platform , openly on your N900 device. But if give an additional suggestion , I will recommend this if your device is brand new, because you will not like to open up and make peripheral changes in your brand new phone , but rest is your choice .