Thread: Setup issue on LDME 64 bit

Setup issue on LDME 64 bit

Firstly there was no problem in installing the LMDE 10 on my 64 bits system. I struggled a lot to install the Nvidia GeForce 6150SE for my card. I am looking for some explanations on this. am currently stuck in front of the driver installation NVIDIA GeForce on of my asus motherboard. I can not install the package libgl1-nvidia-alternatives. I also tried to install the installer. Run from the NVIDIA website, but no results either. Someone would be kind enough to guide me or point me towards a solution. I tried to look on the nvidia site for this but they had not given much information on this. I also want to know about more on LDME 64 bit. What it offers other than 32 bit system. Here gpu is not a big deal, I will use that on my second system.

Re: Setup issue on LDME 64 bit

That is faced by most of the users. For that you might need to use the following command back again. I hope this can fix the issue out. Run the terminal and then pass the command - apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms. Then install nvidia-xconfig and run the xorg.conf. It worked on my system and there was no problem at the time of installing nvidia-kernel-dkms. It is necessary to install nvidia-xconfig. You can try by doing all the settings back again and hope this can fix the issue out.

Here I had a similar issue. I am not an expert in configuring xorg. But apparently I think you lack something. A a glx package, and according to me this must be included in the nvidia-glx. But the packages are so bound together that even it is not possible to install them separately. I am not sure it serves for some purpose or not. I found that the xorg is empty and it's normal. It is also empty even after when the drivers are installed. The nvidia-xconfig execution will complete this file. Try the command ~ $ sudo apt-get install module-assistant nvidia-kernel-common nvia-kernel-source for some help.

LDME is better and provides you more support and feature that you are expecting. First of all it offer a much improved performance. There are also improvement in running software setup. According to improvement in setup refers to support for multiple hard drives. For installing grub on partition and for allocation of the swap. It also gives a better support for btrfs media. There is better connectivity and hardware support provided on this. The software packages and updates are also well defined and the system is capable of giving a most recent update.

LMDE is compatible with Debian which is not compatible with Ubuntu. MDE constantly receiving updates. Its ISO images are updated from time to time, but users do not need to re-install on their systems each time. For your graphic card issue you might need to look for a better driver support. It is possible that there will be patch for that. One of advantages of better update is that you does need to always re-install the system. New versions of software and updates are continually made available to you.It's faster and more responsive than Ubuntu based editions.

Remember that there are some unstable packages on this. LMDE continually changes as it receives updates and new software. So it is possible that after certain update your system might crash or you cannot see any of your hard drives. LMDE requires greater knowledge and experience with Linux, dpkg and APT. ebian is a less user-friendly/desktop-ready Ubuntu. Expect some side effects. You must also know that nvidia-glx version supports all the cards from the Geforce 5. While the version nvidia-glx-legacy-96xx supports Geforce 2, 3 and 4.