Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-01-2011

Can Maemo 5 be upgraded to Maemo 6 in Nokia N 900

Hi friends, am novice user of Maemo operating system and also new to the forum. So beg me pardon if there is the same question being asked, My friend has got a Nokia n900 mobile and that is working on maemo 5, my question is that can it be upgraded to maemo 6 once the maemo 6 is launched and I have heard that it is going to be launched soon . I feel, it should be possible but need some confirmation. I am looking forward to purchase Nokia n900 , just in a confusion whether go forward now itself or wait till maemo 6 is launched.
Old 15-01-2011

Re: Can Maemo 5 be upgraded to Maemo 6 in Nokia N 900

There is no such intention or there has been any such information about this upgradation from Maemo 5 to any other Operating system , Although there are a certain operating system as MeeGo, Harmattan, Android for the N900.There will probably be a PR1.3 update for Maemo 5, and community builds of MeeGo, Harmattan, Android will in due course be available. So I think you should be patient and wait for the release.
Old 15-01-2011

If you arre content with Maemo 5 functionality I think you must purchase the N900. It is a good phone. Do not just wait for the release of Maemo 6 though. You will hear lots of comment about the operating system that is being implemented . It is fine but whether or not the concluding product of these hard work will be functional by customary people rather than developers is the big query.
Old 15-01-2011

There will be some releases that will not be supported for the N900, a hacker's sm?rg?sbord if you will, since you are an regular user that requires a Flash, OVI Maps, and applications like Skype and all the other pleasant applications and tools that come with a completed platform, don't anticipate anything other than stock Maemo 5. If you are counting on your hopes . I am really sorry to tell you that you will feel disappointed hopes up then you will likely be disappointed.
Old 15-01-2011

There is no such thing as Maemo 6, it was grouped with Moblin to come out as MeeGo. But Nokia has formally said there would be legitimately be no certified MeeGo on N900. However. there is unsanctioned, unconfirmed, but made by authorized workers, MeeGo for N900, and N900 is the official development platform for MeeGo handset version. It is already obtainable now, new editions available every week. I have not gone for it so I am not quite certain about it , as I was just making you aware about the Meego operating system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,