Thread: Unable to start telephony service on windows 7

Unable to start telephony service on windows 7

I have installed windows 7 64 bit on my system and I did the same recently to upgrade my system from windows XP. But the thing here is that I am not able start the telephony services on my system. In fact I have tried to start it but it has thrown to me an error, I do not understand why it is showing me an error. And the error message which I am getting is saying that “Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". I am really unaware of the error which I am getting and unable to solve the same. And due to this reason I am not able to keep my outlook contacts in a proper format.

Re: Unable to start telephony service on windows 7

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that you are getting this issue because the telephone service is not activated on all the versions of windows 7 and I guess it only works on windows 7 ultimate so I will suggest you check out the operating system that you are using and if you are not having the windows 7 ultimate then uninstall the one that you currently using and then you have to just install the windows 7 ultimate. I hope that this will help you out from the issue.

I guess you are getting this error because the value for the image path in the registry entry is not proper and that is the reason why you are facing this problem. Now to solve the same you have to just follow the link below:
    • First of all click on the start button and then you have to type regedit in the search box and after that you have to just click the redit.exe from the program list.
    • Then you will be prompter for the password so just confirm the same and then continue
    • And then you have to locate the registry sub key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TapiSrv
    • After that you have to just right click on ImagePath and then click modify
    • I am sure that this will definitely help you to solve the issue.

Thank you for the help and also for giving the proper solution and dude to this I am able to solve the problem. Actually I installing the ultimate version solved half of my problem and later on I did modify the image path due to which the error was creeping. But the thing here is that I am still not able to get the contacts in the outlook in proper format. I don’t know why the outlook is behaving in such a way. Please help me in this one.

I have gone through the problem and it seems to me that I can help you out from this, If you are not getting the contacts in proper format then there is just a small problem in the outlook that you are using so what you have to do here is that just update the same and then see after the updation how does it work. And if after updating also you are not helped then you have to uninstall the same and then again you have to install the advanced and the update version of it. I hope that this will help you to resolve the issue.