Thread: performance options window and Internet disconnect after upgrade into windows 7

performance options window and Internet disconnect after upgrade into windows 7

Recently upgrade my Acer aspire netbook from windows vista to windows 7 OS. I basically use the machine for internet access and sometimes as for the entertainment, like watching online videos and some of the offline videos in my machine. Now comes to problem, after upgrade my laptop, it starts occurring few problems "Performance Options" regarding startup, and also if I leave the machine for half or one hour, the internet connection disconnects automatically. Along with that also some times, laptop does not able to recognize the wireless network, by which I usually connect my machine. What should I do? Any suggestion on this issue will be appreciated greatly.

Re: performance options window and Internet disconnect after upgrade into windows 7

According to my opinion regarding the start up problem I recommend you to repair the start up in your machine. For that insert windows installation disk and start pressing f8 from your keyboard after the manufacturer logo will appear. It will open windows installation window, from there look for startup repair option, click on that and wait till the process completes. Also you can do this same process from BIOS setting option. Open that by pressing DEL after reboot your machine, in that window you will choose the start up repair option. Go through this, this will surely help you somehow. If this directs you to make the performance then go for it from there, though this is flashing in your screen, so it should be require for your laptop. This is windows security option and required for the windows performance process.

Re: performance options window and Internet disconnect after upgrade into windows 7

According to the internet disconnect problem that you motioned in your post, for this I suggest you to change the sleep time in your machine, by enter into control panel under that window precede to the power option. Now from there change the sleep time, set to more that you require, change for plugged or in battery mode. I hope from this, now your internet connection will not disconnect again. Though if this occurring for the operating system, then I recommend you to change the user profile with the existing one. For that first create a new one, and then log in to the machine with newly created user profile and then from user account option under control panel, remove the existing one. Because some of the similar cases, I found this can be solved by switch user process, so try with this, I think this will help you to overcome from the problem.

I like to suggest you to reload the wireless adapter driver in your machine. Some of the network related problems can be solved by this technique. So to update the driver version, simply run the driver installation program, it will first ask you to remove the existing one from your machine and reboot your machine. After that take a fresh installation. Try this; this will also help you somehow. Also make sure you are using correct wireless driver version which is compatible with your machine specification and with the operating system version that you are using. Along with that also make sure that the setting of your wireless network service is configured properly. All the connection settings are properly configured, like the IP address, TCP/IP connection etc. go through this, it will surely help you.

I think all of the problems are occurring for the windows operating system, for that I directly suggest you to reinstall the operating system. Before that unplug the wireless network modem from your machine and along with that also if any other external device is attached with your machine then also remove that one. Now insert the windows installation disk into the CD ROM drive, and restart your machine, now start pressing f8, while the manufacturer logo will appear into the screen. Now click on install now button, this will first ask you to select the primary drive, after the selection, it will directs you to format the drive, before that if you are having any important data in that drive then store it into some other location. By following some of the instructions install the operating system in your machine. I think this process will definitely helps you to resolve the issue.