Thread: Which is better Maemo 6 or Symbian 3

Which is better Maemo 6 or Symbian 3

I have the idea that both Maemo 6 and Symbian 3 is widget-able and open source. Means I do not have to pay for this thing. Not only that both Maemo 6 and Symbian 3 also supports multi touch. These are not my problem. Actually the thing is that I want to know which system is better to use Maemo 6 is better or Symbian 3 is better to use. If anyone of you have used any one of the system or both of the system then do share your experience with me. Your advice will definitely help me to take better decision. If you have understood the problem I am facing then I need the solution for this problem.

Re: Which is better Maemo 6 or Symbian 3

Nokia is already working at full capacity on its upcoming operating systems and interfaces. This was stated without doubt the Taiwanese general manager Michael Hsu: in autumn will see the new Symbian 3rd (Q3 2010) and in 2011 his successor will have Symbian 4 while in the second half of 2010 could make his debut Maemo 6. Nokia continues to target strong then the most popular mobile operating system in the world, Symbian , as well as on the new Maemo so well that it did in its version 5.0 with the Nokia N900 Internet Tablet . The three interfaces will have an eye toward multimedia, navigation and touch screen with multitouch.

While the smartphone N900 GNU / Linux Maemo 5 is not yet available for sale is already a new version of mobile operating system that will power the upcoming smartphone 's high-end Nokia , which has been described by occasion of "Maemo Summit" held a few days ago in Finland. Logically dubbed "Maemo 6" and still based on a GNU / Linux Debian , this mobile system will work in portrait and landscape mode and has the distinction of managing native multipoint capacitive touch screens. Upcoming Nokia smartphones equipped with the mobile system should be able to handle various events such as the finger on the iPhone, including a larger images or web pages simply by pinching the screen.

Nokia will also make its mobile wider audience, particularly with more intuitive icons and improved integration of Internet services. Development side, "Maemo 6" will be compatible with "Nokia Web Runtime" and "Qt", and will support processors OMAP 3, WVGA screens and 3D via OpenGL ES 2.0. Windows Media files with DRM will also be taken into account. In terms of business system development, "Maemo 6" will be available as a first draft "Technical Preview" at the end of the year. In the second quarter of 2010, it is a beta version of the system to be proposed.

The new Symbian 3 'has a much prettier graphics and animations much more impressive than those already seen in the Symbian 3rd, also the improvement graph was extended to other applications integrated into the system as well as GUI, it also applications such as calculator and calendar offers a whole new interface. Another very important step in the usability of the device is the fact that the operations of scrolling and video effects this time are no longer managed by the main processor but are processed through the new integrated graphics chip inside the phone, this new speeds much the cell phone can now take advantage of a smooth scrolling and comparable to that of ' iPhone.

But the Nokia N8 is still a phone, it's like that first look at the section on telephone and telephone messages ... Well, as always Nokia excels in this field by offering a section machine easy to use and easily accessible, the book is the classic good book with which Nokia has used since the days of 7650, the only difference here is that innovations graphics have further improved the overall usability. The messaging section is very similar to that of the various 5800, n97 only that here the interface has been slightly changed, in my version was a mode ''chats'' that in theory should be used to view messages exchanged with a person more comfortable, although in my build this mode was not activated, the keyboard is available for both the ''qwerty'' that ''abc'' classic mode the keys are very spacious and easily usable using the qwerty keyboard, as is usually the best available t9 Nokia