Thread: Windows 7: Not able to access network

Windows 7: Not able to access network

Recently purchased my brand new Toshiba netbook, the machine is equipped by windows 7 ultimate. I mainly use this machine for accessing internet service from both my office network as well as from my home. It is compatible with Microsoft Windows Server software. Now the problem is that, the operating system is not allowed me to access network from my home network. Whenever I tried to connect my machine to the network, it simply directs that the machine windows not allowing accessing the service. Along with that I installed TrendMicro antivirus in my machine. I use to connect my machine with the network by cat 5 cable. I am not a technical person. So regarding this issue I am not having any such idea or information. Is there anyone having any suggestion to overcome from this problem? Any input about this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Windows 7: Not able to access network

As per my opinion, I think there might be any setting issue in your antivirus program application. May be the firewall option is not set to access network. For that I would like to suggest you to enter into firewall option of both your windows security and also the antivirus program. Make sure that firewall program is set to access network service in your machine. Along with that, if there is no permission allowed over there, then make it, for that open the network tab from firewall setting window, from there locate or search then select the network which you are willing to add in your setting window, after that go to the properties of that network and allow to access by the user, by which you start your machine, I hope this will somehow help you to access network.

According to me, I think there may be any issue with the network driver which is installed in your machine, along with that also makes sure that the network card is inserted properly. Because I was also facing similar issue in my machine, where as this was also directs me relevant issue, with the operating system. Then I did a online chat with the manufacturer technical; person, and he suggest me to reload the driver in my machine. I did this, and now there is no issue with my wireless network service. So according o your problem I also like to suggest you to reload the network driver that you are using. For that go to the device manager, and from there locate network driver, right click on it and select update option, choose advanced option, it will directs you to locate the driver installation program from your machine, select and click on update button. By this it will reinstall the driver and after that you might be require for reboot your machine. I think this will definitely help you.

Is this problem surely occurring for the operating system, and then I think you should go for reinstall the operating system. For that insert installation disk into the CD ROM drive into your machine, and then run the installation program. At first it will ask you to select the drive to install the program, after that it will format the drive, if you are having any such important file(s) in that drive, then before this operating backup them into some other location. During the process your machine might reboots more than 2 times. Go through this process, I am sure this will definitely help you. If still the problem is occurring in your machine, then this problem might be occurring for the Microsoft Windows Server, I recommend you to reload this one and reconfigure with your machine and the network router.

Did you checked properly the connector cable in your machine, whether this is properly connected or not? In some of the cases I found that this type of problem might be occur for the data cable by which any machine is connected with network. For that proceed to the network connection wizard, and from there search for the network cable, be sure that, it I working fine. Apart from that I think the problem that you mentioned in your post might be occurring for the network router driver that you installed in your system. Some of the driver or software is not compatible with windows 7 os. So be sure that you are using the correct one. Now go to device manager, and check whether the driver is listed in not responding list. If there then I suggest you update the driver version. Go to the manufacturer web site, from there download the latest driver version, which is compatible with your machine platform also with your operating system version. I had relevant issue, and after this process I overcome from the problem in a very easy way.