Thread: Windows 7: network detects but not able to connect

Windows 7: network detects but not able to connect

From last one year I am using Dell inspiron laptop; this is running with windows 7 OS. I basically use this machine for internet from both my home and office network. Other specifications of my laptop are like 4GB RAM, 456 GB hard drive, along with this NVIDIA graphical interface. Ok now the problem is that, I mainly used wireless network connectivity in my machine, which I not working for few days. Because this can able to detects the machines those are connected in to the network, but whenever I tried to make the connection with that, it not connects. Takes few minute for making connection, and after that flashes that, the connection cannot be made. No other message, about the cause of this problem. I can’t able to direct the actual problem of this problem. So I am here, I hope someone from here will positively be help me to resolve this issue.

Re: Windows 7: network detects but not able to connect

According to my opinion, I suggest you to reload the driver of the wireless modem that you are using, because one of my friend was also facing similar issue, after that he searched everywhere for the solution, then found that the problem can be solved by reinstall or change with other driver application. He did the reinstall process, and believe me the problem is solved. So as per that I also like to suggest you to reload the network driver version in your mach8ine, for that first of all remove the existing one from your machine and then try to reload the existing driver application, but in afresh way. I think, this will somehow help you top overcome from the problem that you mentioned in your post.

I think you should make sure that the network driver and the firmware is should working fine with your machine specification. Are you sure, the driver that you are using is compatible with the machine specification also with the operating system? The problem might be for the network firmware application, so I recommend you to reinstall this firmware application program in your machine. For that go to the program and features window under control panel and from the drop down list, choose the firmware application. Remove this one and reboot your machine. Remember; during this process disconnect the modem from your machine. Now reinstall wireless network software application and by following some of the instructions load it into your machine, you need to reconfigure your machine with the network after the reinstall process. I had similar issue, but after following this process this problem solved, so I also recommend you to go through this process, it will definitely helps you to overcome from the problem.

Is the network connection entries are properly configured? Go to the properties of the network name by which you are willing to connect your machine, check whether the entries like IP address, TCP/IP connection and the other option properly inserted or not. Because I was also facing similar issue, which was easily detect the network name but was not connecting. After that I consult with the driver, manufacturer technical person, and he suggests me to do this process, I reconfigure with the network service with my machine and the problem is solved. Now there is no issue with the wireless connectivity. So go through this, it will surely helping you regarding the problem that you motioned in your post. Along with that also like to suggest you this problem might be occurring with the other third party software application which is running collaborate with the wireless program. Go to the task manager and check which is running with the wireless network service. Stop that program execution.

I would like to suggest you to check in your firewall setting window, where you mentioned the wireless access option or not. Proceed to the firewall settings option. Now go to network tab, look for the networks those are listed over there, look for the network by which you are willing to connect your machine. Now go to the properties of that network name and make sure that network service is enable is not. If everything is ok there, then try once by disable the firewall option. If it connects then be sure that is some problem with the firewall option. Make it disable while you are going to access wireless internet connection. Or change the firewall option, suppose if you are using the windows setting, then change it with the antivirus firewall program. Try with this, I think this will help you somehow.