Thread: Unable to transfer file from windows 7 to Vista via wifi

Unable to transfer file from windows 7 to Vista via wifi

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which is running with windows 7 OS, also having another existing machine which is compatible with windows vista OS. Basically in use the windows 7 machine, which I used to connect with network for fulfill my official and some of my study purpose. Yesterday I tried to connect my laptop with the existing, this one now using by my sister. So I tried to connect both the machine for playing games. But this one does not allowed me to connect both the machine, flashes that the machine is not detected from network. Both are connected in the same wireless network. Though it connects at the first time, but suddenly disconnects. Where as in the first time, when I was connects we tried to make sure that, the network is working or not by sharing a folder, which is having less than 2MB size. But there was also an error massage occurs, that the file sharing cannot be performed, is there anyone having any information regarding this issue?

Re: Unable to transfer file from windows 7 to Vista via wifi

According to my opi9nion regarding the file sharing problem, I think the file sharing option is enable in your firewall setting window, this is main part to share file from one machine to another machine through wireless or wired network service. For that go to the firewall setting window, which is activated in your machine, after that look for the sharing tab, from there look for machine name, by which you are willing to connect your machine. Right click on it and from the properties, enable the sharing option, reboot your machine, along with also do this process in to the other machine. I hope by this you will be able to overcome from the problem.

The wireless driver that you are using might be corrupted, because I was also facing similar issue in my machine, which was not able to detect my friends windows xp compatible machine, after that I did a deep search and found, the driver is cause of the problem, after that without try with any other tricks to solve this problem, I directly remove the driver first and the reinstall this one in my machine,. After that, reconfigure the machine with network, from than it able to detect any machine and easily connects with that also the file sharing is also easy. I recommend you to reinstall the network driver that you are using. I think this will definitely helps you to resolve the problem.

Similar issue in my Compaq Presario laptop, the machine is running with windows vista and installed Broadcom wireless network driver. The network service was working fine till the last few days, but suddenly from last two days, it occurring a problem, whenever I tried to connect my machine with network service, it directs that, network service is not available, for checking I connect another machine, which connects and works fine over there. My machine is also worked fine with other network service. I re configure the machine with network, but this does not helps me. Any suggestion regarding this ?