Thread: Compiz is not working with Dual monitors on Linux Mint

Compiz is not working with Dual monitors on Linux Mint

It is clear that I am facing issue with Compiz. Actually I am trying to run Compiz on more than one computer, I mean to say working with two computers. One computer is having card Intel 945GM and the other system is having ATI x600 graphics. Problem is that intel 945GM computer is crashing I am starting the second monitor and if I am trying to run ATI x600 it works but half the screen is cut off and hence it becomes unusable after starting compiz. Is there anyone else who is facing similar kind of issue or I am the only one for this. Anyway, currently I am not having idea what is causing this issue but need to know the solution for this problem. If anyone can suggest any solution then it will be really great. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Compiz is not working with Dual monitors on Linux Mint

I was also facing similar problem but not with Linux mint. I am using Ubuntu operating system and I have tried to solve the problem and after investigating on my own and test the Ubuntu 9.04 alpha I have noticed two things: One is that the Intel drivers work better from 9.04 to though it is 8.10 alpha and the other one is the solution is based on putting a monitor above the other, eg from 19 "up to 1440x900 and 13" down to 1280x800 with their soft drinks ie 19 "to 75hz and the 13" to 60 Hz, by doing that it is a black frame in 19 "but quickly solved by changing the desktop or the desktop window by moving quickly and not left more marks or anything. But the question is, why try to put that right / left each other traces are left of the window and putting down the other one work fine?

I am a user decided to install the macbook ubuntu Linux (Now Xubuntu), but unfortunately it does not put the two monitors more than doubled. In ubuntu, I get half and that is when I get set traces remain of the large windows in a Philips 190CW monitor (see I've used linux sometimes) and the macbook 13 ", the fact is that I realized that the only way that works well is if you turn off the compiz fusion does this may be due to a bug or a configuration fault? The most strange is that in / etc/X11/xorg.conf between those lines Device and others, there is nothing "? Finally, if you can lend a hand I would be grateful.

I upgraded to Gutsy, and I've put a second monitor. I have a problem resolution. I have this configuration: Graphics: Nvidia Gforce 7500 with VGA and DVI outputs. Monitor 1: w19b HP 19 "widescreen, 1440x900 VGA cable connected to the Monitor 2: LG L204WT-SF 20 "widescreen 1680x1050 connected to the DVI connection. Driver: nvidia-glx-new. The resolution that I take with this setup is 3120x1050 sum is 1440 + 1680 = I 3120 and 1050 in the vertical take the larger of the two. What I want is to have each monitor separately under its own, I do not care that you can enable compiz or not. One that is 1440x900 which is the main and the other 1680x1050 as a secondary. The "nvidia-settings" I said there was no nvidia driver enabled and Preferences screen and graphics "will not let me change the resolution of primary monitor only goes 3120x1050. Any idea how to fix it?

I have no idea where you can get the solution to the two monitors each have their resolution, but it sure is in / etc/X11/xorg.conf there is a section where are the resolutions on each monitor sections is given. You just need to check these things and I am sure that you will definitely get the solution for the problem you are facing. If you have any other issue then let me know I will try to resolve that as soon as possible. I am not saying this because I having solution for all the problems, but I am having idea what can be done for resolving this issue. That is the reason I am saying that, if you have any other issue then do let me know. I will try to resolve that.

I think Screen0 the device will be called as a reference screen1 and from there the call Screen0 device is placed to the left of the former. I do not know if you put the two monitors exactly the same image, I imagine that this will be the left of setting by equal or similar. First of all, there is no doubt that you have the drivers of the T. I hope you have understood what I am trying to convey. I am saying this because I was also facing similar issue but now I have got the solution for the problem that I am facing. I am sure if you follow these steps you will definitely get the solution for the same.