Thread: Cannot boot Linux Mint 10 Julia

Cannot boot Linux Mint 10 Julia

Hi all, I have installed the Linux Mint 10 Julia in my system. There is no problem when I run it but the problem comes when it comes to reboot. It is not able to reboot the system. I have to shut down the system and start the system again but cannot reboot the system directly. I tried to do that many tomes but all the times it comes up with the same result. Can you guess that what can be the problem with that and how this can be solved? I am new to this so don’t have much knowledge about this. Please help.

Re: Cannot boot Linux Mint 10 Julia

This seems that the fast ext4 formatting perform those busybox errors and just because of that it is not able to check the badblocks. If you desire to make use of a steady system then you have to create the partitions earlier by means of command line otherwise make use of distro where "slow formatting" is a choice. sda1 and ext3 are the example regarding the command line formatting. I hope that this will give you some idea about this.

You may have not installed the Linux Mint 10 Julia properly in your system and so it is not able to boot the system. My suggestion to you is to install the operating system again and see if that can solve the issue that you are facing. There may be some files missing from your system that is causing the problem for you. Reinstalling the operating system may solve the issue of rebooting. There may be some shortcuts to reboot the system. I also don’t know much about hat but you can search on web for that and see if you can get the shortcut to do that.

There may be some issue in the setup file that you are using to install the operating system. If that is the case then you will get the same thing again and again when you install that. So according to me, you have to download a fresh setup of it from internet and try to install that from there. There are more chances that this will solve the issue for you. This will also be more safer and you can solve that issue with this. Good Luck!!!.

If the drivers that you are using are not up to date, I mean if they are outdated then you may get the issues like this. Before trying to do the reinstallation of that as suggested above, you can try to update all the drivers installed in your system. If the problem that you are facing is with the improper installation of the driver or with the corrupted driver then reinstalling it will resolve the problem and you will be able o use your system without any problem.

It is possible that the hard disk that toy are using is having bug in that and that is the reason for this problem. If you want to ensure your system with such kind of bug then you will have to scan the hard drive for that and fix those bugs accordingly. You can use Google to search for the methods that can do this. I have seen many of the similar problems where the disk with the bug comes out to be the reason and after fixing those bugs the issues also get resolved. So you can also try this and see what it can do for you.