Thread: Disable All Authorizations on Linux Mint

Disable All Authorizations on Linux Mint

I was initially using the Windows Vista on my desktop machine which is now running Linux Mint 9 Isadora operating system. According to me authorization requirements in Mint are much annoying then that of Windows. I have disabled start-up and screensaver but still I am getting popped up whenever I am trying to change anything. I am feeling like working with somebody others computer system. Can you guys tell me that how can I just disable all the authorizations?

Re: Disable All Authorizations on Linux Mint

These information are to get rid of the prompt for a password while using the sudo command. Still the sudo command would be requiring to be used for Root access. Edit the sudoers file. Start the Terminal window and type in sudo visudo. Now add the following line at the end of the file.
    Code:
    <username> ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
    Put your username at the place of <username> without the < >. This is arrogant that Ubuntu has produced a group with the similar name as your user name, which is distinctive. You can alternately utilize the group users or any extra such group you are in but be sure that you are in that group. This can be checked by going to System->Administration->Users and Groups

Is it possible to change the default permissions on UNIX (666 to 777 for files and directories)?. I'm not talking about using the command "umask". I mean, with the command "umask", you can change the permissions of a default permissions x. Is it possible to make umask changes the permissions of x, but y? I suppose the numbers 666 and 777 are defined in a file anywhere in the filesystem. Where are they defined? How do I change it?

When someone writes a program that creates files, they decide that the file permission to use. umask can be used to inhibit certain bits that some programmer has tried to define. But he can not run on new tracks that the programmer did not want. Many programmers use that 666, 777 standard. But if you do not like the choices made by a programmer, write your own version of the program that works the way you want. No other way to do it.