Thread: LinuxMint network connection failed

LinuxMint network connection failed

Hello friends I had Mint 10 installed on my system and the network connection was working absolutely fine with it. But due to some reason I downgraded my system back again to Mint 9. But after I had successfully installed the software and started using the internet I got the error message saying that the network connection has been failed. I have tried various things but then also I was not able to connect to the internet. So can any one help me to solve this problem as I am eagerly waiting to again access the internet.

Re: LinuxMint network connection failed

Hey I think that you might have lost all your settings for the network connection while formatting your system and that is the main reason behind you not able to access the internet. So you should first install all the necessary settings for the internet connection. If you are not aware of the settings then you will have to call the ISP operator and he will carry out the necessary settings to install it so that you will be easily get connected to the internet.

Hey friend can you tell that which kind of network you are using. Is it a wireless network or is it a wired network. If you are using the wired network using the modem then all your internet settings is stored there and you will not loose any kind of settings even if you format your computer system. But if you are using the wireless network then I think that here you might require some upgrade in the drivers as both the operating system might support different version of drivers. So you first install the necessary drivers and then check to see if it helps you to solve all your problem.

Hey guys, I have checked everything and the connection seems to coming from the server as I have contacted the ISP and have got green signal from him. Also, since I using the wired network so I think that there will be no loss of any settings from the modem. I have all the necessary drivers installed but then then also I am not able to connect to the internet. Please guys help me to get rid this of error as I am eagerly waiting to access the internet. I would be thankful to anyone who comes up with the proper solution.

Hey have you checked out the cables that helps you connect to the computer. I think that the cables might not have got attached tightly and due to the loose in the connection you are not able to receive the packets that are being sent through the cables. So you first inspect this and then make sure that they are properly attached to the port.