Thread: No sound on the Linux Mint 9 KDE

No sound on the Linux Mint 9 KDE

I have installed Linux Mint on USB drive and it is connected with Sonny VIAO laptop. Well it’s working fine. However no sound is being played by speakers while playing music file through media player. Though I am getting sound when I am using headphone but it has very low volume. Please tell me why is this happening so? If you are having some definite solution then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: No sound on the Linux Mint 9 KDE

Well I am providing steps by steps process to solve your problem I hope it will fix your issue. You have to find out what Sound card is installed on your motherboard? To do the same you have to launch the terminal and copy paste the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
    after run the following one
    Code:
    aplay –L
    Once you have run the above mentioned command you have to run the following one.
    Code:
    Alsamixer
    Once you have run the above mentioned command you have to hit F6 key from the keyboard and try to play the music. According to my experience it will solve your problem. If you are having query then fell free to ask the same.

Well I was having the same problem with my system. I have solved the problem by using the following instructions I hope it will help you to solve your problem. Well you have to edit the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file as login in to root. You have to hit Alt + F2 from the keyboard and open the editor for e.g. kdesu kate. You have to try with model=auto and save the same. Restart your computer. If does not work for you then I think you should try with model=vaio and model=sony. You should reply me whatever result is produced during this process. I am hoping it will fix your matter.

I think I am having a solution that you can apply to solve your problem and I think it will solve your problem. According to my knowledge I conclude that you should Blacklist snd_hda_codec_idt module. Now launch the terminal and perform the following as root of the system
    Code:
    echo "blacklist snd_hda_codec_idt" >>/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    After it use the following
    Code:
    update-modules
    Now restart your computer. Now use the following including or excluding the line /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf. You have to replace alsa.conf with either alsa-base.conf or blacklist.conf. I hope it will solve your matter.