Thread: Windows XP installation Error "Non-system disk or disk error replace"

Windows XP installation Error "Non-system disk or disk error replace"

I recently received an old HP computer from the school. The PC has been formatted from school completely. Now I wanted to reinstall Windows XP. But every time I insert a CD to reinstall Windows to get the following error message: Non-system disk or disk error replace and strike system any key when ready. I set the boot menu that will be the first booted from the cd, it does not work anyway. Can someone help me? I'm not a big deer with the PC! Thank you very much.

Re: Windows XP installation Error "Non-system disk or disk error replace"

Sounds suspiciously like the following problem: Some Mainboard-/USB, Windows at the touch of a button "Press Start any key to boot from CD or DVD do not recognize. This is also the fact that adding points behind "Press any key ..." when you press a button does not immediately stop. If after pressing a button added further points (five), the press was not detected. In this case you need to install (ie temporarily) a PS / 2 keyboard (with the small round plug).

I have already such a motherboard, and if I press there are no points, but the text will disappear, it just comes across a bar in the upper left corner, then the text comes immediately. So what to do in order to get rid from this issue I am not able to get anything. So suggest me what to do in order to fix this issue. I do not know why it is happening like this.

Here I want to ask you that which text you are talking about? The one which is indicated by one of the user that ("Press any key ..."), or the one you have specified (" Non-system disk or disk system error ..."). In the latter case, the system simply does not boot from the CD. Is this a genuine Microsoft CD? Give me reply for this so that I can research on this. And please give your reply as soon as it is possible for you.

If the optical drive appears in BIOS? In most BIOS, hard drives and optical drives will be displayed on the main page. The hard drive does not matter at this point. The installation should start as even in principle, if at all, no hard drive is connected. So this solution I have tried when I was facing this so if you want then you can go for this.

I am also going through the same issue and I am not able to find anything in the BIOS which points to the drive, but as I said, I'm not a deer with the PC. I have the BIOS 4 main menus: File, Storage, Security and Advanced. Under the expanded sub-item "Integrated Devices" should be the drive listed there?