Thread: Facebook not working on LinuxMint

Facebook not working on LinuxMint

Hello friends I had recently upgraded my system to install the linuxMint operating system, but when I opened the browser to run the facebook application, I found that I was unable to login to the facebook. Infact, when I entered the url into address bar of the browser, the browser was unable to relocate me to the facebook. I am very facebook addict and I would want to connect to it to share updates with my friends. But something is really disallowing me to access it, so can any one help me to know what is the problem.

Re: Facebook not working on LinuxMint

Hey I would want to know that which is the browser you are using to access the facebook. I think gnome would be the best software to use to access the internet as it is very compatible with LinuxMint. The Linux operating system uses this software that server the system as a GUI for accessing any website. So if you dont have this software then I recommend you to first install this and then see if your problem gets solved.

Hey friend I would want to know that are you able to successfully access any other sites like yahoo or orkut or that they or also inaccessible to you. If you are facing the same problem with all the sites then I guess that your browser needs to be reinstalled to get the problem solved. If you are only not able to access facebook, then I think that the problem is due to fact that your browser might have set to not to access facebook in the privacy setting of your browser options. So you can go into the setting and can easily change the setting that you want and you will surely enjoy the access to all the sites that you want.

These are list of some of the browser that goes well with the Linux operating system you can easily install them to access any site on the internet.
    1. Galeon
    2. GNU IceCat
    3. iCab WebKit
    4. Iceape
    5. Idiscontinued
    6. Kazehakase
    7. Kirix Strata
    8. Konqueror
    9. Midori
    10. Mothra
    11. NetSurf
    12. OmniWeb
    13. Opera
    14. Safari
    15. SeaMonkey
    16. Shiira
    17. Songbird
    18. Swiftfox
    19. Swiftweasel

They all are really good web browser and you can easily use any one of them to access which ever site you want. It would be better that you install only pone browser at a time so as not to conflict the system settings for the browser.

Hey I think that your ISP might have blocked from providing the service of the facebook to you. This might be due to some reason for security or it can be anything else. So I think that before modifying anything I would want you to contact your service provider and get clear about the access of the facebook. If you get the green signal form the ISP then you can go and try out the options that have been provided by various users on the above post.