Thread: How to improve the performance of Linux Mint

How to improve the performance of Linux Mint

Hello friends recently I had installed the new LinuxMint operating system on my computer and after successfully loading and running the system with LinuxMint operating system I found that there was a degrade in the performance of my computer system. The computer really takes allot of time to reboot, and even to start any application completely we have to wait for too long. So can someone help me to know how can I be able to boost the performance of my system having LinuxMint on it.

re: How to improve the performance of Linux Mint

The basic thing to find out that why your system is running slow is to get to know what is the RAM configuration on your system. If you are using RAM which is too low for the system to handle the LinuxMint operating system then you will have to upgrade the RAM so that its speeds increases. This will make the speed and indirectly the performance of the system boost and you will enjoy a great deal of speed with the LinuxMint operating system. So first check out this and then come on to some kind of conclusion.

Hello dear friend I think that you might be having too much of data added on to your system. The hard disk on your system might have got almost full and that is why you are facing the problem of slow performance of the system. So you can make sure that you remove all the unnecessary data from your system and then see whether it helps you to improve the performance of the system. If at all you want you can even upgrade the system to have maximum memory to include maximum data.

Hello friends I have got 2 GB RAM on my system and even the Hard drive is 320GB, this configuration really will make any thing work without any problem. Also, I have been left with too much of memory in my system and I can assure you that the problem is not of the memory or the RAM, I have done everything but still the same problem. I am really fed up with this kind of problem so can any one help me get rid of this problem quickly. I would be thankful to anyone who comes up with the solution.

Re: How to improve the performance of Linux Mint

Hey I think that if you are not having the problem of the RAM or the memory and all your configuration is up to the mark to easily run the linux operating system then I guess that you might have got some kind of virus onto your system which has to get removed using a legal antivirus software. Usually malicious programs like bugs, worms and virus deeply effects the performance of the system so will have to format the system to include the fresh copy of the software.