Thread: How to get mint-artwork-gnome when it is missing in Linux Mint

How to get mint-artwork-gnome when it is missing in Linux Mint

I recently purchased new laptop which is preinstalled with Linux Mint 10 and I have dual booted this operating system with Windows 7. A day before yesterday, I have installed mint-artwork-gnome but i do not come across the voice in menu whenever I open the Winamp application. If i investigate mint-artwork-gnome through synaptic package manager that provoke me message that it is already installed but I cannot able to make out that where it is? So anyone knows why this is causing this problem inside my laptop then please let me know about this? Help will be appreciated.

Re: How to get mint-artwork-gnome when it is missing in Linux Mint

Yeah I faced the similar problem in earlier days. So I went to the Package Manager as well as reinstalled mint-artwork-gnome, as recommended, but unfortunately it may solve the problem properly depending on the specification. If the problem is not solving, then reinstall all the packages prefaced by the word mint. I was going to uninstall mint-artwork, shut down, start it again, and then install mint-artwork-gnome to observe if that would make a difference.

Mint-artwork-gnome is not the "tool" for the application to perform in the Winamp or any other sound related application which you received no sound in application. It is different additional artwork like icons, desktops as well as themes that you can choose from the appearance settings. Appearance setting is generally found out in the appearance option inside the main menu. so try to reinstall it again.

I think that there is some problem with the application which you are trying to find out. You may not able to get it inside your packages manager. Because this is not available inside the package manager option in the system. Try to reinstall the mint-artwork tool from the Linux Mint live CD it may able to solve your problem. Generally package manger contains various application install inside system. It just a type of tool require for appearance and themes.

Mint-Artwork-gnome is a sub-project of the Linux Mint allocation aimed at increasing the overall quality as well as contentment of using Linux Mint by:
    Setting a graphical customary for Linux Mint, as well as:
    symbol,
    default colors,
    default fonts,
    themes.

Providing excellence themes for the desktop environment, including:main GTK2 theme, inferior GTK2 theme, prime metacity theme, resultant metacity theme, primary icon setup