Thread: My Suspend has stopped functioning In Linux Mint 10

My Suspend has stopped functioning In Linux Mint 10

Hi Guys, In Linux Mint 10 64 bit Suspend has been working just very well, after that yesterday, after I installed the updates that came out next, suspend stopped functioning. What occur is, it goes into suspend just well as well as after that right away restarts, between hibernate does the similar thing also. Any hints on where to begin looking for the issue would be respected.so please help me out as soon as possible.

Re: My Suspend has stopped functioning In Linux Mint 10

You have to begin at /etc/fstab , make sure UUID plus be certain it is the similar as in the swap. utilize blkid to obtain the UUID number of your swap partition as well as confirm this number matches the one in /etc/fstab.then got to /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d make sure the UUID in the resume file in this DIR matches the one you obtain from BLKID. Then you have to run update-initramfs –u. after that reboot. Make sure that your system is set to hibernate, pop open little programs to check as well as attempt to hibernate as well as resume.

The answer turned out to be a mistake with the motherboard an Asus P5KC, it actually did not like the graphic card I was utilizing as well as would suspend extremely infrequently and having a few other problems. For instance the workspace size was also big for the screen size as well as changing the screen res as well as monitor meaning did nothing to resolve it. Attempting to obtain a new ATI driver for the card would not assist either as according to the "Additional drivers" there are none obtainable. as well in the screens by means of the dark grey background it seem like it was raining by means of white flecks looking now like rain.

Even I am getting the same problem after installing 9.10, suspend has stopped functioning, It suspends however while I attempt to 'unsuspend' I am now left with a black screen. It suspends all time I close the lid of my HP laptop which would be all right if it did what jaunty utilized to as well as explain a password field while I opened the lid. I have attempted pressing plus moving the mouse however there is still now a black screen. Can anybody help? Or at least inform me how to end it automatically suspending while I close the lid?