Thread: File disappeared from the Linux Mint

File disappeared from the Linux Mint

Well I have installed Linux Mint 10 on my computer. I think I have done a silly mistake during moving the unwanted files from the computer I have used mv maccs /misc command and when I browsed to the /misc directory I found nothing inside the directory. When I tried to locate the file it prompts that all the files are present at the location. Can anyone having the same problem? Please let me know if you are having the same solution with you.

Re: File disappeared from the Linux Mint

In this particular situation I think locate database is not updated with the current updates. By default locate database is updated by cron on the daily basis. Well whenever you run the update command before the update of the database it will give you information which is outdated in the database. So I am suggesting you to update the information manually on the locate database. You should run sudo updatedb command to update the locate database. Once you have updated the locate database you should run locate command again and see whether it is working or not.

Well I am also having the same problem but it is little bit different from yours. Well whenever I minimized a file on the desktop it automatically disappears. I really don’t know what is wrong with the system. I think file is getting closed as soon as I click on the minimize button on the window. I want to let you know that I have installed Linux Mint on my laptop. Please help me if you are having any solution with you.

Well looking at your situation I think you have lost the Window list form your Linux Mint. You can use the following steps to solve your issue. First of all you have to right click on the blank area of the panel. Now you have to click on the Add to Panel from the right click menu. Now you have to scroll down to get Window List from the apps list. Now you have to click to select and add the same by clicking on the add button. Now you should close the Apps list window. I think using this setting you will be able to appear the application on the panel.

Well I want to let you know the following details which you can use whenever you want to minimize the windows. You can press the Alt+Tab button to access the minimized window. You can also press the Ctrl + Alt + D button to get back the desktop. I think it is very easy to remember and I think you can easily apply on your daily life. I think above mentioned short cut keys will be helpful to you.