Thread: System shut down after freezing when I write something in Linux Mint menu

System shut down after freezing when I write something in Linux Mint menu

I am currently observing usual shut down after freezing my system on Linux Mint 10. I recently installed Linux Mint 10. I was really impressed with the speed of the system as well as with the graphics which looks awesome on my computer. I just like the system with the performance. But I just have one concern with the Linux Mint menu. Whenever I try to type something which is not installed in the Linux mint menu my pc "freezes" for 5 to 10 seconds and suddenly shut down. So I need to restart the entire system again and also need to do start the work from the scratch so anyone know how to solve this issue or anyone have faced this type of situation early so please let me know guys. I cannot make out why it is causing so much issue with the Linux mint menu. Help will be grateful.

Re: System shut down after freezing when I write something in Linux Mint menu

This has almost certainly to do with the new likelihood to search for packages with the Linux mint menu.

You might attempt this to rid for the freezing problem with the Linux Mint menu:
    - Select the mint menu icon by right clicking as well as click on Preferences
    - below Applications neutralize "investigate for correspondence to install" and select on OK

I had this halt. But enabling it for testing froze my system completely when I searched for a package. It is a bug that making the problem.

One minute thing is there about Mint menu (in typical Gnome edition).
    - First thing is, that I think that mint menu should be bended to "Windows key" by default - just for efficiency, it make common sense with subsequent point
    - When I write an application/document name in search field in mint menu, I must change to the first hit by hitting down arrow. I recommend, that will be recovered if I just inscribe name, hit enter, as well as automatically will be commence found article at primary place (the "top hit"). It is very creative I think. Just hit "Windows key", write application name and press enter. This is way how attention in Macintosh operating system X woks as well as I use it every day. It is small development, but very valuable for work to write properly in your system.

The Linux Mint main menu has established even further changes in the current launch of Linux Mint Users can now distinguish new menu items painted, search for as well as install software, and look for the web from within of the menu. The most important menu too supports GTK bookmarks as well as its own GTK subject autonomous from the rest of the desktop. Here you can make out the Places as well as System parts of the menu in the left editorial and the favorites menu icons extend above the right two columns. You will discover an 'All applications' connection in the top right place of the menu. Select "All the applications' from the record you can examine a list of applications categories in the middle column as well as selected categories application in the right paragraph. Then you can write properly inside the menu properly.

Mint definitely is good such as the menu organization. The Mint menu is a bit like to the gnome-main-menu obtainable in the Ubuntu repositories, but the genuine Mint menu (not accessible in the repos for the system and that is it causes in freezing the system frequently) is much more customizable. The procedure isn't too difficult, involving regularly some wget as well as dpkg commands in workstation to install it. KdotJ does a fine job, although, of walking you through a few additional things, like customize the menu to place into your Linux set-up as well as use some of its cooler association characteristics. If you're miserable with the default Linux Mint menu but don't experience like installing as well as trying an additional distro, you may enjoy this minor change of pace.