Thread: How to increase the screen resolution in Linux mint

How to increase the screen resolution in Linux mint

I want to increase the screen resolution of the Linux mint by 1024x600 because I am a gamer and I want to increase it more. Well I have got a small screen i.e 10.1’ I know it is very difficult but I can try each and every other step. I have tried looking for the solutions in the internet but that did not help me much. So that’s why I have come here and I am asking this from you all. Well i would be happy if I get the result for some time but it must be possible. So any idea then do let me know.

Re: How to increase the screen resolution in Linux mint

Well try typing the following code in the terminal. That will automatically set the resolution for the screen
    Code:
    xrandr -s "width"x"height"
    so if you want a 1024 * 600 then type it accordingly. You will get that resolution. However note that your screen is quite small and making it forcibly set to such a big screen resolution will lead to the crash of the system. So you must think over that.

Well I tried with such method. It gave me an error that such particular size is not available in that particular mode.I know working on it is a big risk for my system ,but i just want a temporary solution. So what other solution do you have for me. Since this method suggested by you did not really work for me. I am trying to search the internet but I am not getting some specific method. So any other solutions would be highly appreciated. So do specify the particular solution.

Well if you want a good resolution then the only solution that comes in my mind is of getting a good external monitor with a big screen that will definitely help. No matter how much you try you cant get the exact result in the small screen monitor. So i think you must go for a big screen monitor and also you are a gamer so the experience of playing games in such big screen would be a good experience. So just think over my suggestion and act accordingly.